Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by mqualls2

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Update to this nightmare..

Re-opened another chat with EA support.  They actually sent me steps this time and closed the chat before I could try their "fix".  The "fix" was to clear the Origin cache (my first thoughts being... REALLY??? CLEAR THE CACHE???).  Needless to say, those steps did not work.  I think I will focus my efforts on getting my money back instead of pursuing fake "fixes."  This company is a lost cause.

Message 131 of 185 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My efforts on getting a refund have been quashed by the 14-72 hour policy about refunds because I 'opened' the game and fall a few days short of the refund window, even though I can't actually PLAY the game and have never played it because all it does is CRASH WITH NO ERROR. [Inappropriate comment removed - Admin.]

Message 132 of 185 (2,226 Views)

★ Novice

Just bought the game and having same issue. Game loads up fine, looks gorgeous. I'm able to  navigate the menu's but it crashes to desktop when I try and play.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom(tm) X6 1100T processor 3.30 GHz

RAM = 10.0 GB

64 bit operating system

Windows 10

After reading the 14 pages in this thread I guess I need to get a refund. Just found out Madden was on PC yesterday, rushed home and bought it

without looking into problems first. Was just so excited to play Madden again, gave up on console gaming after ps2. Anyway , i'm going back to sleep, i'll try to make sense of this tomorrow. 

Message 133 of 185 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with the madden trial (everything loads up, crash to desktop with no message when loading finishes and kickoff should start). I also had this problem when running the play ready version while it was still downloading.

Interestingly, I also have a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor - it's nice to see other people still using this great proc, but I wonder if it's related to that. But I read in this thread that other people with intel processors also experiencing this problem, is this confirmed?

Message 134 of 185 (1,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

battle field fifa fortnite any game except for this 1 run fine so if my pc is so outdated why can i run like every other game ?

Message 135 of 185 (1,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have two compliants about your smart * reply.

1) it's the pc gaming industry who put more importance on the GPU than the CPU rightfully so...but games built today are perfectly fine using CPU's 10 years ago because the 6 core 1090T AMD Phenom II at 3.2MHz released 10 years ago was overkill then, but still sufficient now compared FX made with SSE.4.2

2) it's soleys based on DRM protection and not how the game is made. There's no reason to implement ssE4.2 function on cpu.... It's clearly up to the developer if they want to hotfix the issue and most do because, this is just theory. They see users with older equipment more likely to piracy their games...hint the drm protection and they assume more people with updated hardware will most likely purchase the game. That's why developers will only patch the Game for SSE4.1 until after the sales rush. Maybe it's a conspiracy theory but the timeline backs it up. Like i said theres no other reason to program a game under sse4.2 they could've easily patch it other developers proven that.

Message 136 of 185 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just brought a new graphics card rx 570 because origin said i had to upgrade my driver.then go to play the game ive been waiting for, for 13 years and the game crashes right before you play, and people say its because my phenom 965be doesnt have sse4. Who new what that was? i cant just upgrade my processor, i would need. 1 motherboard, 2 processor,3 ram, then my windows 7 would be invalid, and i would have to buy a new windows license. if i new that, i would have never bought the game . the requirements say cpu equivalent. i have 4 cores at 3.4 ghz, but i can play the game on my asus g74sx that has less power than my old decktop. so because i can still play the game that i like so much even with stuttering on low settings i sure would love to play the game on my rx 570 and amd phenom 965be in all its madden glory. come on ea help me out please! Who else has a amd phenom?

Message 137 of 185 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I sure hope this gets fixed.

Message 138 of 185 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is there a Patch yet?@gotothegrizzle your 1090T AMD Phenom II cpu is higher in passmark than the recommended  intel i3-4350 and FX-4330 cpu.

Message 139 of 185 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry Please dont forget about us amd phenom users. maybe a November update / patch? 

Message 140 of 185 (1,041 Views)