Madden NFL 08

by jnmblan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden NFL 08

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I purchased Madden 2008 through origin a year ago and now I am deployed and an trying to play it but recently a window popped up saying that I need to connect to a network to verify ownership. this is the first time it had done this, I finally hit a port and was able to connect to a network and get the game to play. brought it back to the ship and now it will not play again. the same window appears.

Message 18 of 47 (7,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 2008 will not play

Community Manager

Hi jnmblan,

Please click on the blue link below to see a list of retired games.

The decisions to retire older EA games are never easy.  The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired.  But as games get replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the older games dwindles to a level -- fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles -- where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these games up and running. We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games.  We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.

Source: http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Regards,

Barry.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 19 of 47 (6,266 Views)

All Replies

[Madden NFL 08] online game access

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hello,

I still have madden 08 on the PC and was wondering if online play is available still and if so what tweeks do i have to do on my pc to get online because right nowmy PC  is prohibiting online access.

many thanks

TraderY

Message 1 of 47 (8,678 Views)

Re: madden 08 online game access

★ Guide

Hey Tradery,

Afraid that the 08 servers has been shut down.

You can see the current server status and annoucemenets for upcomming sunsets (closing of servers) here:

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Afraid there is nothing you can do to play online.

\MLP

Message 2 of 47 (8,655 Views)

[Madden NFL 08] graphic card problem

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I tried to install and play Madden NFL 08 - since it is the latest version available for PC - and I have a error message stating that  "Madden NFL 08 requires 3D hardware-acceleration". I do have a 3D grapgic card, since I can play in FIFA 12 in maximum resolution for instance. I have a laptop with dual graphic card system, a intel HD family card plus a nvidia GT540M - which should be more than enough. For an unknown reason, the game seems not to recognize my graphic card. I have the latest driver of my card and I checked that there is no option on my bios to permanently use the nvidia graphic card. I also setup in nvidia software to always use this game with the nvidia card but I still have the error.

I know it is an old game (but hey, you forgot to release PC version of latest games!) but can you help me?

Regards,

Sebastien

Message 3 of 47 (7,642 Views)

[Madden NFL 10] EA servers are unavailable?

Message 4 of 47 (5,161 Views)

Re: [Madden NFL 08] graphic card problem

Community Manager

Hi poliapof,

At the moment, Madden NFL 08 is not supported on these boards. However, I'm sure that the Answer HQ player community will be happy to help you.

If would would like to see Madden NFL 08 supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 47 (5,300 Views)

[Madden NFL 08] Why do my QB's have an accuracy rating of 93 and throw the ball anywhere except where the receiver is?

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

Why do my QB's have an accuracy rating of 93 and throw the ball anywhere except where the receiver is?

Message 6 of 47 (7,506 Views)

Re: [Madden NFL 08] online game access

★★★ Newbie

Not on the EA SEervers,but I Also have Madden Nfl 08 And would love to play a Tcp/Ip Game.

Message 7 of 47 (8,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IF u want to play online, theres a huge community set up on comodo unite by RAMP

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8365

THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE TO GAME

Message 8 of 47 (8,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If You don't have one get Yourself a Router.Make sure it has Tcp/IP or can handle gamming on it.Most cost a bit more but if You can afford it it's worth it.Set up Your Router and You will be ready to Host or play someone else who is hosting a game.If You have one You can play me

my other E-Mail is [Removed - Admin. To protect your account security please do not post your email address on any public forum] I host I send You the IP Address that You type into the Tcp/IP setup screen in Your Madden 08 online play menu.

Message 9 of 47 (8,452 Views)