Re: Mulititude of issues

by MikisKhan79

Original Post

Re: Madden Bowl Drop Reward

★★ Novice

I did not have multiple tabs open. I was logged in and watching through the Twitch App on my PS4. 

And as far as unlinking and then relinking my accounts, I've already done that. It hasn't helped. It's gotten so bad, that I had to have Amazon forward my issue over to Twitch, because Twitch was flat out ignoring me. I had reached out to them on Twitter, and through two support tickets, and got no response. 

I just want someone to step up, take responsibility, and either tell me when I'll receive my Madden Bowl reward, or that I'll be compensated with something comparable.

Message 11 of 17 (421 Views)

I haven't received my Pat Mahomes

★★★ Newbie

I didn't receive my Pat Mahomes from the twitch event over this past weekend, I logged 5+ hours of consistent streaming of the simifinals, I did receive 6 total twitch packs not long after, none of which included the Nat Pat Mahomes. I'm a loyal, devoted Madden player since 1999, the only game I have bought every single year (even the coach edition) and just feel like I was done wrong. I've been told all the requirements needed from @EAsports via twitter. And I can assure I wouldn't be going through all of this if I wasnt certain I completed each one.

Message 12 of 17 (431 Views)

Mulititude of issues

★★★ Newbie

I just got done speaking with a very nice customer service rep who instructed me to post my story here. First, when I bought Madden, it was linked to a dead email (one I could not access). It literally took a month for EA to finally link me up to my Madden game, as I just kept getting automated responses telling me to access the dead email. After that issue was resolved, things went ok for a bit. But now in the past 2 months there have been server issues, the last one coming on Sunday and lasted basically the entire day. We as customers should get some sort of return on this time down. Sunday was my day off and the entire day I could not play. This happened a few weeks ago too. Then today, I was playing and for some odd reason I had a server disconnect in the middle of a MUT battle game that I was winning. When I came back, it counted as me not completing it and now there is no way I will be able to get to the next level of prizes. But the WORST issue by far is this TWITCH/EA giveaway of the Pat Mahomes 98 card. It was advertised on Madden that if I watched 4 hours straight of the MUT championships (with my account linked) that I would get the Mahomes card, along with chances of random drops. I put in 6 hours of my time and never got any random drops OR the Mahomes card. I was rolling with a 90 overall Mcnabb as QB and was saving up to buy the 97 Watson. But when I figured I was getting the Mahomes card, I spent my coins on 98 Calvin Johnson. Now that I never got the Mahomes, I am still sitting with a terrible QB and not many coins. I contacted EA and they assure me my account was linked. They told me to contact Twitch and that I would surely get my card. So I contacted Twitch, and it has been over a week and a half with no response from them. I have sent them 2 follow up messages asking what was up with the Mahomes card and still no response from them. Not even a "we cant help you" message. Literally nothing. I play Madden every day, I spend money on the game at LEAST once a week. I was promised something with the product if I gave up my time and watched the live stream....I gave up 6 hours of my time and was even active in the chat.....and I got nothing in return. I spoke to the EA customer service person and they said they cannot do anything for me but I should post my story here as maybe someone could. I realize things happen with servers and mistakes get made when passing out items. However, the customer should at least get what they are promised. EA customer service seems to not be able to help and Twitch customer service must be on a 2 week vacation because they won't respond. This is the worst experience I have had with a Madden game by far. With the time and money I put into it, if something isn't done to at least somewhat fix the issues, I think it might be my last Madden. I am not asking for anything free. Just what was promised to me in the Mahomes card.

Message 13 of 17 (380 Views)

Community Manager

@MikisKhan1979 

Thank you for taking time out to write to us with your experience around this specific promotion. We know the 98 Pat Mahomes QB item would make a very positive impact for MUT players out there looking to upgrade that skill position and can completely understand disappointment that might follow if the item wasn't dropped on an account. There are a lot of ways our Support staff can help players out in regards to their MUT accounts such as adding items or currency in the event they go missing or an issue from our end, but after investigation with this promotion we could not verify there were any technical issues with the item being granted to accounts. The team received concerns around this across social media and the EA forums, therefore it was diligently looked into. Due to this being tied as a Twitch promotion though, we must ask players to reach out to Twitch Support for any missing Twitch drops.

Some of the common reasons players may have not received the item on the account:

• The EA and Twitch account were not properly set up
  • Accidentally watched the stream while not signed in or on a different account
  • Did not watch the stream all the way through for the required amount of time
  • Exited the stream prematurely

We hope this experience doesn't stop you from enjoying Madden 19 or the new upcoming release of Madden 20. We'll take experiences like this into consideration for future promotions and events to avoid any confusion going forward. 

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 17 (358 Views)

★★ Novice

I love and appreciate how I started the thread on this website, yet nobody from EA has bothered to actually respond to anything that I've had to say. I've been given the run around by EA, Amazon and Twitch. As some of you are aware, Twitch is owned and operated by Amazon. Well, at least Twitch Prime is. I've spoken to Amazon over the phone about my issues, and I've been assured that my issue has been escalated and sent over to the Twitch Development team to be looked into. However, nothing has been done. I never got the call backs that I was promised. I've never received an email update. Twitch themselves refuse to respond to my Tweets or the Support Tickets that I have submitted through their website.

With all of this being the case, I have taken a new course of action. I have just finished filing a False/Misleading Advertising complaint against Twitch with the FTC. Honestly, I don't really expect it to go anywhere. And, to be honest, I've given up any and all hope of ever receiving the rewards I was promised for spending an ENTIRE day watching a Twitch stream. But maybe, JUST MAYBE, somebody with EA or Twitch or Amazon will see what I've done and realize that they've screwed up, and that they need to fix it, and fix it fast. The longer the companies involved remain silent, the guiltier they make themselves look.

Also, don't come on here and give me excuses or reasons for why I didn't receive the rewards. Don't tell me to unlink and relink my accounts. I've already tried that, and I still have not received the promised rewards. I also have had it confirmed, more than once, by EA, that I had the correct accounts linked together. So, unless you have a real solution, or are going to tell me that my rewards are waiting for me in my MUT account, don't bother wasting my time!

Message 15 of 17 (345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally understand that. However, I have reached out to Twitch 3 different times. Each time I got an automated message back from them that said they received my message, but NOBODY has ever bothered to message me back on their end. Not even a "sorry, we can't help you". Literally nothing in 2 weeks. While I totally understand that the issue is on their end, the advertisement was on my Madden screen. So EA is the one who advertised the event via XBOX. Considering that Twitch seems to be MIA, would it be out of the question for EA to try to contact them about the issue considering it was EA who advertised it to me and their partner is not keeping their end of the agreement? I gave 6 hours of my time because EA told me I would get this card if I did it. I did not get the card, so I think EA should at least try and assist me with getting Twitch to respond.

Message 16 of 17 (339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, all of the issues listed that might have happened did not happen. I was in fact linked, I watched over 6 hours when the minimum was 4, I did not leave at all during that 6+ hours. None of that happened. I even talked to an EA rep after I did not get the card, just to make certain the account was linked and they assured me that it was in fact linked. So I did everything right, But never got the card.

Message 17 of 17 (336 Views)