Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Thundarrz
Date/time issue occurred 10/11/2020
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? THUNDARRZ_3
Summarize your bug Hello, I am having an issue with Madden 21. I am playing Franchise Mode (Washington Football Team) - and my roster count is not accurate. I am being forced to cut players although I am well below the 53 players as it appears in my roster. I also do not have any practice squad players and I am not playing with injured reserve. Can you please assist as I cannot have a full compliment. Thanks so much. 
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a franchise, add players and go through pre-season - it forces you to cut more.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot add players
What do you expect to see? The correct number of players
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32

Hello, I am having an issue with Madden 21. I am playing Franchise Mode (Washington Football Team) - and my roster count is not accurate. I am being forced to cut players although I am well below the 53 players as it appears in my roster. I also do not have any practice squad players and I am not playing with injured reserve. Can you please assist as I cannot have a full compliment.

Thanks so much. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 21 Franchise Incorrect Roster Count

★★ Novice

Practice squad players dont count against the 53 man squad, so that wouldn't help

I believe I worked out the flaw in the programming...

I signed 112 players to my roster and when it came time to cut the numbers where off by 12, 41/53

I signed 110 players to my roster and the exact same thing happened, numbers where off by 10, 43/53

99 players signed to my roster produced no fail in the system 53/53

so it appears if you go 100 player count then that somehow screws the math when cutting

how ever many over the 100 will result in that number short on the 53 count

Way ta go EA... thats some effort

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,546 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same team Wahington, incorrect roster count, has happened twice on seperate saves

Message 2 of 7 (1,613 Views)

Community Manager

@mykalbuckle  @Thundarrz 

Do you have players on the practice squad you can cut?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,584 Views)

★★ Novice

Practice squad players dont count against the 53 man squad, so that wouldn't help

I signed 112 players to my roster and when it came time to cut the numbers where off by 12, 41/53

I signed 110 players to my roster and the exact same thing happened, numbers where off by 10, 43/53

so it appears if you go 100 player count then that somehow screws the math when cutting

Message 4 of 7 (1,547 Views)

★★ Novice
@mykalbuckle a simple cap at 75 would prevent this... like we had in previous editions
Message 5 of 7 (1,541 Views)

Community Manager

@mykalbuckle wrote:

Thanks for sharing that, I'll relay it to the team. I'm going to mark this solved so others have better visibility on fixing this from their end. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just ran into this problem. Did a player count and counted 41 players, with the game saying I have 68. Cut all my practice squad players to no avail. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,304 Views)