Madden 19 stuck infinitely on loading screen

by ditkabutkus86

Original Post

Madden 19 stuck infinitely on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I decided to fire up my Xbox one s for the first time in months to play Madden 19 (the newest edition I have since I prefer not paying for the same recycled content every year). First the console and game both needed updates, ok...that's fine. Go to launch the game and it won't go any further than the Antonio "Nut Job" Brown loading screen. The issue only happens when console is connected to the internet. Mind you I've tried every troubleshooting suggestion under the sun from power cycle, to DNS settings, to resetting the console to factory settings and still nothing. I've found a few threads of people having "similar" issues dating back to 2018 and no fixes. I installed and launched Madden 18 flawlessly. Why does Madden 18 work, but not 19??? I had no issues with it after I purchased it a couple years ago (outdated=less $$$ lol). Why would it up and just stop working. I miss the days where you just put a game in a console and you just played it. Am I missing something here??? 

Message 1 of 15 (7,154 Views)

Re: Madden 19 stuck infinitely on loading screen

★★★★★ Newbie

I am in the exact same position as you and have done everything you've done and more.  I called twice and have yet to get any help from EA customer service.  My son and I spent a lot of time and no small expense on packs building our Ultimate Team.  EA please help us figure this out.

Message 2 of 15 (7,054 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ditkabutkus86 Just contacted them about this its unbelievable for them to shut the game down
Message 3 of 15 (6,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What do you mean shut the game down?!

Message 4 of 15 (6,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing for madden 20 but madden 21 and 22 work.

Message 5 of 15 (6,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://youtu.be/92tBQ2Cr3Rs 

I figured out a work around! 

Message 6 of 15 (6,104 Views)

★★ Novice

This works

Message 7 of 15 (6,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks as odd as it is… this worked! Thanks 

Message 8 of 15 (5,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TYBG1 Thanks for posting - I tied to follow as closely as possible and it did not work for us
Message 9 of 15 (4,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine( my 11yr old bed bound sick kids game ) is hanging in the same place … are you suggesting that if  turn off the router and kill its online access it may work as expected ?

I see  there was a very recent update run on the Xbox  so I’ll assume that’s the culprit here 

but Yeah, just working shouldn’t be a bonus the platform and games are an expensive extra in many houses and working well is the very least we should expect .

the thought of reinvesting in a newer box and games is less appealing to me now more than ever 

Message 10 of 15 (4,093 Views)