Re: Madden 18 mut not working

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 18 mut not working

★★ Novice

Hi my name is nick fabrizio and I have contacted ea about why mut is not working for madden 18 and have used all suggestions and has no success with playing a mut game. I have Xbox one and live for madden 18 and have good WiFi so I don’t know what the problem is.

Message 1 of 2 (1,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey, @Panthers26578 

Are you getting a specific error message when you try to connect to the MUT menu or when you're inside a MUT game?

Have you tried power cycling the console and local network? If you're on WiFi, is it possible to switch to another WiFi channel? (I have 2.4gz and 5.0 on mine).

Is it possible to connect via an Ethernet cable to rule out whether we need to perform WiFi troubleshooting? I know it's not always possible for everyone, but temporarily moving the Xbox in order to plug it into the router to "test" it for a game or two can help determine if it's WiFi related.

We were not experiencing any outages around that time and hopefully you've been able to connect since then. We're here if you need us!

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (979 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @Panthers26578 

Are you getting a specific error message when you try to connect to the MUT menu or when you're inside a MUT game?

Have you tried power cycling the console and local network? If you're on WiFi, is it possible to switch to another WiFi channel? (I have 2.4gz and 5.0 on mine).

Is it possible to connect via an Ethernet cable to rule out whether we need to perform WiFi troubleshooting? I know it's not always possible for everyone, but temporarily moving the Xbox in order to plug it into the router to "test" it for a game or two can help determine if it's WiFi related.

We were not experiencing any outages around that time and hopefully you've been able to connect since then. We're here if you need us!

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (980 Views)