Madden 18 - The requested league is temporarily unavailable, We apologize...

by ffriedup60

Original Post

Re: EA ERROR?? MADDEN 18

★★★ Apprentice

Tech is now claiming this is a Microsoft issue, not EA. Exact opposite of what they said yesterday. 

said to check here

https://help.ea.com/uk/madden/madden-18/

Message 31 of 449 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KGRchitect Now I’m being told to follow this link:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Pretty sure this guy doesn’t know what he’s doing
Message 32 of 449 (1,703 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How can it be a Microsoft issue if Its happening on Playstation as well

Message 33 of 449 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KGRchitect He definitely doesn’t know what he’s doing. Just ran me around in circles to say “it’s a known issue and they are working on it” No ETA for the fix and asked me to be patient.
Message 34 of 449 (1,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So no progress haha

Message 35 of 449 (1,677 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have PS4 so it’s not a Microsoft issue. I can do everything else in the game and have no issues with any other games I play so this is definitely on EA to figure out. These kinds of problems are one of many reasons why 18 is the last madden I have purchased 

Message 36 of 449 (1,657 Views)

★★ Novice
@KGRchitect I wrote this ea blueberry person and have been ignored
Message 37 of 449 (1,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@tjh2105The new maddens make me want to launch my controller at the wall at times. Madden 18 I actually enjoyed playing and now it might be lost. Sad times.

Message 38 of 449 (1,603 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like the rest of you, I'm having the same issue.  It started last week, and I just figured they're doing maintenance and/or having a problem that would be resolved later.  However, a week later, and still the same issue.  That's a shame as I was looking forward to continuing the franchise I was playing through.  I know that we were told in earlier posts that Madden 18 cloud features should still be up, but it's been a week, and they're still down.  I'm thinking at this point that they shut it down, but really only EA knows that.  I'm a little upset that I didn't get any notification of a problem, or of a shutdown.  EA should have all our e-mail addresses, and know that we have the game by having played it while signed into our EA accounts.  Would be nice if they could've just e-mailed us to say, hey we're having trouble, or hey we're shutting this down now since the game is 3 years old and we don't want to support it anymore.  And if they are shutting it down, it would also be nice to be given an option to move your cloud franchises offline so you don't lose your progress in them if you want to keep them.

I understand they can't support the game forever, but it wouldn't take all that long for EA to just to communicate with their customers what's going on, so we're not left wondering, or hoping for something that's never coming.

Message 39 of 449 (1,578 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well I did a little experiment. I created a new cloud franchise to see what would happen and it works just fine. I can get in and out of it with no problems even this morning. Not sure what that means but it doesn’t seem like the servers have been shut down. 

The communication, or lack thereof, is what really irks me here. I have no idea if my 17 year franchise that I’m in week 6 of is gone forever or what. Also the fact that we can’t convert the cloud franchise to offline is ridiculous too

Message 40 of 449 (1,575 Views)