Re: EA ERROR?? MADDEN 18

by EPol822

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry First, thank you for at least continuing to read these posts even if there is nothing that you can do about the situation.

My question is what steps have been taken to ensure this does not happen again? As a customer I want to purchase madden 22 but It feels like this will just repeat itself in a few years and is a big deterrent. I would really appreciate high level explanations without getting into to much detail that it becomes a security concern but still provides more information than “we have improved quality assurance checks”. An example I could think of is if CFM files could be saved to a players machine instead of on EAs servers. 

Message 431 of 449 (1,229 Views)

★ Guide
@Gregarino You may get some generic reply about "a fix" but in reality likely nothing has been done.

I'm in a similar situation. Its been a long time without Madden and may be interested in starting a new CFM in '22 but the frustration of how poorly EA has handled this situation and the lack of guarantee that it won't happen again strongly precludes me from shelling out any money for the game.

EA should really be giving us all a copy of '22 to make up for how terribly this whole thing has been handled. Few, if any of us, are likely to buy the game anyway.
Message 432 of 449 (1,205 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve bought 18-21 and was disappointed with 21, after losing all my franchises on my favorite of those maddens I will certainly not be continuing my purchase streak.

Message 433 of 449 (1,101 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Now that Madden 22 will be released shortly, I assume the team shift their focus to our issue prior to working on Madden 23?
Message 434 of 449 (1,037 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Madden 22 is out today. Will the team begin to look at this issue or will EA give us some sort of compensation to make up for ignoring this issue for 8 months?

I still think a copy of M22 to all impacted users would be the best option but EA should do something to put this to bed.
Message 435 of 449 (901 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry It's been over a month since your last reply. Will they look at the issue now or will EA bring this to some other resolution other than just ignoring this thread?
Message 436 of 449 (853 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

We’ve reached the point where a woman could have literally created a person in the time it has taken them to fix a bug.

Message 437 of 449 (780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It continues to be frustrating. I do think the idea of free downloads of the new Madden would be a nice way to show some obviously passionate fans (ones who feel so strongly about a game from years ago where they still play it) that we’ve not only have been heard, but had an empathetic ear listening to us. 

Message 438 of 449 (772 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think EA are hoping  that everyone  on here just go's  away  so they can forget  about all of us and move on it's  just sad that they couldn't  treat  us as adults  and try to string everyone  along once in a while  with some made up answer now Madden 22 us available I think it's safe to say we will all be lucky  to get told the truth and EA and @EA_Blueberry just want  everyone to part with there money  for Madden  22 that is all that matters  to EA now

Message 439 of 449 (735 Views)

★ Apprentice

All any of us can do is vote with our dollars.  After getting burned repeatedly from buying EA's games, I just can't do it anymore.

I've uninstalled Origin on my computer, along with all the games I had tied to Origin.  I won't be buying anymore games or DLC on Origin.  I've uninstalled every EA game on my Xbox with the exception of Madden 18, and I only keep Madden 18 on there to test to see if the issue has been fixed.  I'll probably uninstall that soon as well.

I will no longer play games from EA that I already own, of which there are many.

I won't be buying Madden 22 as everything I've seen about that game says it's a bug ridden nightmare.  It still has a 4 year old color rush bug, head to head game bugs where the camera never cuts away from the b-roll footage to actually start the game.  I saw on Twitter where they put an upscale apartment on the 50 yard line during gameplay, and had a shrub playing DB.  Also saw where doing upgrades to George Kittle may cause seizure inducing visual glitches.

So, with Madden 22 being such a disaster of a game, I'm sure Madden 23 will be out long before the Madden 22 bugs are fixed, let alone our Madden 18 CFM issues.

These problems don't go away unless we actually follow through, and vote with our dollars.  There's a lot of games I'm gonna miss out on made by EA that I wanted to buy, but at this point, I think I've already given them the last dollar I'm prepared to give them.

Message 440 of 449 (721 Views)