Re: Madden 18 Freezing

by 3_3_b_1_REDACTED

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same here until the patch itwas working not freezing all the fing time. How do we uninstall the patch on a xbox 1?

Message 21 of 43 (3,419 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
So sad for a brand new game....
ETA on solution?
We keep hearing next patch but you can view your own forums and see this issue has been going on for well over a month now.
Disappointing.
Message 22 of 43 (3,400 Views)

★★ Novice
Anyone heard anything from ea about fixing this issue
Message 23 of 43 (3,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still freezing, several more times yesterday and today. I would like to suggest that perhaps we (the people experiencing this issue) begin focusing on testing and less on the fact we are all rather angry.

I have been playing cloud Franchise exclusively so I'm not sure if the issue of freezing is prevalent, or as prevalent in other game modes. Perhaps someone else here can answer that. I'm going to begin testing a few things and I will try and report back my findings and I encourage other to do the same.

NOTE: (System - Xbox One, Game Mode - Cloud Franchise)

• I'm going to start with reinstalling. I know some have done this without success but it seems a reasonable place to start.
  • If the issue continues I'm going to switch from cloud syncing Franchise to offline / local thus ruling out cloud interactions as the culprit. I don't know what game features this may affect (aside from saves) so that will take some testing to ensure the full Madden experience remains intact.
  • The pressing of buttons during cut-scenes and loading screens could also be an issue. This also requires more testing but I had noticed on several occasions I was button pressing to speed through screens when freezing occurred. This could be purely coincidence but again, testing could help here.

If anyone else has any ideas lets start compiling ideas, successes and failures here so we may be of assistance to each other and EA in resolving this issue. Thank you ahead of time everyone, I remain optimistic (for now) this will get resolved.

Message 24 of 43 (3,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game is really doing okay for me until I install the latest update earlier this week. After that it's a tailspin. It almost always freeze on the second Franchise game. Yesterday it took me 3 rounds of restart to finish one Franchise game. EA please fix it or provide a way to uninstall the latest update.

Message 25 of 43 (3,239 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Small update:

NOTE: (System - Xbox One, Game Mode - Cloud Franchise)

• I'm going to start with reinstalling. I know some have done this without success but it seems a reasonable place to start.
    • This didn't solve the issue. Problem persists after full reinstall.
  • If the issue continues I'm going to switch from cloud syncing Franchise to offline / local thus ruling out cloud interactions as the culprit. I don't know what game features this may affect (aside from saves) so that will take some testing to ensure the full Madden experience remains intact.
    • I started a new offline (local save) Franchise and froze 3 times in 1.5 hours so this did not help either.
  • The pressing of buttons during cut-scenes and loading screens could also be an issue. This also requires more testing but I had noticed on several occasions I was button pressing to speed through screens when freezing occurred. This could be purely coincidence but again, testing could help here.
    • Jury is still out on this. Sometimes it seems freezing happens after pushing buttons on certain screens and sometimes right in the middle of game play without any buttons being pushed. Not fully tested but seems doubtful this is the main issue.

Several people have stated they didn't have an issue until the latest patch. After thinking about it, the first day I had the game I had no freezing issue, then the patch came and it was certainly after that I had freezing issues. Since I only recently bought the game, I wasn't sure if it was a old bug I hadn't experienced due to my limited play time, or a new bug introduced (or reintroduced) in the latest patch. The latter seems more suspect. I'm sending in another ticket to EA regarding this issue and encourage others to do the same. I will try and think / test more and come back here with results.

Message 26 of 43 (3,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just an update.

Last night (10/12/17) I got another update for Madden NFL 18. After that I went through 3 or 4 Franchise games without freezing. Unfortunately it did freeze again at the end. I think it's certainly a progress and I will try to check whether it's just a fluke or my good luck.

Message 27 of 43 (3,225 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also noticed an improvement after that patch. Played 3 hours without incident last night! I will play more tonight and report back. On a side note, I restarted both my Franchises as well while testing but doubt that was the difference I was seeing. Man I hope they got this fixed!
Message 28 of 43 (3,220 Views)

Community Manager

@3_3_b_1_REDACTED@Garret3388@Starsea007@Reaper101108@tjesr17

It looks like our most recent game update may be helping with certain freeze/crashes.

Can you let us know how things look from your side of things?

@3_3_b_1_REDACTED - it is possible that restarting your franchise can be required for the recent game update to be effective.

Thanks.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2017/updates-and-fixes

barry.png
Message 29 of 43 (3,209 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
After the update I played another franchise game and it not only froze up, it recorded my rushing yards as negative where they should have been positive. Played a second franchise game and it did not freeze or record stats wrong. I will try a new franchise today and see what I find. Please keep working on ya'lls end?

Thanks
Message 30 of 43 (3,203 Views)