Re: Madden 18 Freezing

by Mustafa337BLE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 18 Freezing

★★★ Newbie
Every time I go to play my second or third franchise game it freezes during the loading screen before the game. EA please fix this I love Madden and I can't play when it's doing this.
Message 1 of 43 (29,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Before this gets buried in my response let me first @EA_Barry thank you for your response to this freezing issue. It eases tempers when the community sees the issue being addressed!

Update to Date:

I played another 3 hours last night (6 in total since the patch) and have NOT had a single instance of freezing SO FAR! I will continue playing and report back with my results and encourage others to PLEASE report back with their findings.

To elaborate on your response EA_Barry, I agree deleting saves could be a necessary step in solving the issue. To clarify for others the steps I took:

1. I deleted the game on my XBOX ONE and re-installed
    • RESULT - Still had freezing issues.
  2. I saw the new patch on game start up so I applied it. Upon game loading I deleted both my Franchise saves (Cloud, Offline) and started new ones.
    • RESULT - No freezing in 6+ hours of game play which was previously not possible for me.

@EA_Barry Step 2 causes me a little concern for 2 reasons. First let me say that I didn't stand to lose much when I deleted my Franchise saves because I only recently bought the game so I had only 2 half finished rookie seasons. I didn't want to recommend this step to others without being sure it was helping because I know others stand to lose much more progress than I. Second, if patching has already potentially put our saves at risk, are we to expect starting over more than once?

View in thread

Message 31 of 43 (29,186 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
My game has froze every head to head ranked match I've played. I think I've figured it out I must either clear reserve space and don't pick my play until the commutators stop talking or just wait to pick my play when the commutators stop talking than choose this is very frustrating I've talk to EA help and none of the troubling shooting worked. Y'all might as well hire me to play y'all game and figure out the bugs bc they don't know wtf they are doing!!! I'll be Ranked in the top 50 if it wasn't for this. I've won a total of 16 games due to making my opp quit, but I got over 19 freeze d/c losses this is the biggest bs ever! MADDEN GET AT ME PLEASE!
Message 2 of 43 (29,045 Views)

Madden 18 will not load

★★★ Newbie
Hello I tried to go on my PS4 to play Madden 18 but when I went to open it, it is just stuck on the Tom Brady load screen. It's been several hours can I please get some help?
Message 3 of 43 (28,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue. EA needs to patch this, and patch it now or issue those of us that paid $60 for this broken game a partial refund.
Message 4 of 43 (28,745 Views)

★★ Novice
Yup it's doing to the exact thing to me.
Message 5 of 43 (28,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem
Message 6 of 43 (28,404 Views)

Re: Madden 18 will not load

★★★ Newbie
I am experiencing the same issue.
Message 7 of 43 (28,394 Views)

Re: Madden 18 will not load

★★★ Newbie

Same Problem

Message 8 of 43 (27,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, played 3x, froze 3x, waste of time and money

Message 9 of 43 (27,662 Views)

★★ Novice

is anybody still having the freezing problem. 

Message 10 of 43 (27,481 Views)