Madden 17 on Xbox 360

by gmickelson

Original Post

Madden 17 on Xbox 360

★ Novice

I bought Madden 17 for Xbox 360 expecting updates and enhancements similar to years past. Once I began playing, I realized that 360 owners have basically been kicked to the curb.  Since Madden is really the only game I play anymore, I haven't really needed to buy an Xbox One.  With minimal new solo challenges on Ultimate Team and zero weekly challenges, there is virtually no difference from the last 3 Maddens.  The game banners and gameplay are completely identical to past years.  Whenever I play this game I feel like I'm not getting the same treatment that other console owners are.  Since I bought the game I have seen the link on this site that says 3rd Gen consoles will get no content for their money.  No customer that pays $60 for a video game should have to run to a website and check for disclaimers about their game containing less than half the content that was promoted.  

Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Madden 17 on Xbox 360

★ Novice

In looking through the forums for posts like this one, I've noticed that the more general and banal your phrasing, the more likely it is you'll get a generic response from EA with links to their disclaimers. Posts like yours, thoughtfully worded posts expressing deep disappointment and a tinge of regret at buying half a game, don't get responses. Because there is no response. Gen 3 Madden gamers are the red headed step children of the Madden demographic. (Pardons to any red headed step children reading this) Not giving us live updates and new content , or even just new player sets, could be viewed as EA holding up a big warning sign that says they're going to force our hand in the next year or two and drop Gen 3 completely. Then we'll have to upgrade, but by the time we do that there will be a PS5 already on the horizon so we'll still be behind . . . smh . . . I wish information like this was featured more prominently in write ups and literature. I feel like proper notification with a proper price tag would alleviate a lot of people's disappointment.

Message 2 of 2 (200 Views)