Re: Linking EA and Twitch Prime

by EA_Roger

Original Post

Re: {"error":"invalid_request"} when linking Twitch and EA A

★★★ Novice

Yes glad you could help some more people man good job. It didn't work for me though. I still get the red message box of death that tells me I have already claimed my rewards with a different account

Message 61 of 145 (3,205 Views)

★ Novice
I unlink everything. Then link prime to twitch. Then hit the link that takes me to EAs site to link that account. It asks for my EA email and password, I enter it and that is when the message shows up when using chrome. When using explorer I'd say "the website is too busy to show the page". Then when I go back into connections it says my EA is connected again but no rewards. The website it is actually happening in is signin.ea.com
Message 62 of 145 (3,182 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@untchable704, @gokutheking7@Fluffy42500@MasTeR_MoRaliTy@camkapiotis, & @GTM41,

First of all you can double-check you are linking the correct EA Account/GamerTag or PSN ID by checking your Connected accounts:

1. Click on your forum name in the top right corner of this page and then "EA ACCOUNT"

ea account.jpg

2. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and check the "Connected accounts" section if you are linking Twitch with the account you are playing on:

ea account1.jpg

If you have linked your Twitch with the correct account & you still didn’t get your rewards when you link your new account you will have to Contact Twitch for help.

Thanks,

EA_Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 63 of 145 (3,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No offense Roger, but reaching out to Twitch is a lost cause. Reddit, twitter, EA forumns all have people complaining about not receiving their Twitch rewards and yet it doesn't sound like one person has heard back from Twitch. I know this is not EA fault, however, Twitch is looking like a poor partner for EA. 

Hopefully EA can remedy this in someway for the majority who have all missed out on Twitch prizes. 

Message 64 of 145 (3,156 Views)

★ Novice

I've done all of that, but just for good measure, I did it again.  I still get the error message from signin.ea.com (screenshot attached)

Message 65 of 145 (3,139 Views)

Hey @MasTeR_MoRaliTy,

I apologize if you aren't getting a response on your end, I will say to not concentrate on what other players have to say about companies in these situations, the loudest people aren't always those who are right. I've seen a few people come back and confirm that they got a response from Twitch on my end too. I would also like to add that, we wouldn't have been able to build the too for delinking your twitch/EA account without Twitch's cooperation either. 

Thanks,

Roger; 

Roger.png
Message 66 of 145 (3,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Maybe Twitch and/or EA should have made it where the user had to specify which gamertag they wanted to associate with the Twitch Prime loot giveaway but that makes too much sense and it's too easy...

Message 67 of 145 (3,213 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm sure plenty of people have heard back from Twitch. I mean technically I heard back from them and they say to contact EA... and EA says to contact Twitch. Typical EA not caring about the customer... which is why they had to buy exclusive NFL rights so 2K sports doesn't demolish the entire EA sports department of EA. As they have with NBA. If EA truly cared about their customers they could easily give away some free points for buying a GOAT or a few packs to at least show they care when the issue never gets resolved. 

Message 68 of 145 (3,197 Views)

Hey @abc1571964808,

I understand how this appears from your perspective however as it is an EA promotion we have to link it with the EA account and not Microsoft or Sony's accounts, which is on a completely separate platform. 

@MasTeR_MoRaliTy, can you confirm that you tried to use the self-service tool to delink your account on your end after linking the wrong account and still ran into the issue?

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 69 of 145 (3,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Roger,

I followed your instruction on this thread a few times with no luck. My Twitch settings show EA connected and it's connected to the right EA account etc. I can post a screen shot if you want? Just not sure what more I can do. I'm obviously showing frustration on this forumn because I'm a dedicated and avid Madden player... so to miss out on great free items really sucks. 

Jordan

Message 70 of 145 (3,189 Views)