Re: Error linking twitch to EA account

by SpartanSpartan00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking EA and Twitch Prime

★★★★ Novice
I've contacted amazon, twitch and ea about this issue. EA sake yesterday it wasn't a problem on their end but when I try to link the two I get an error message saying it's invalid. Twitch said it wasn't a problem on their end and amazon sent me to twitch for the problem. I just want to know if this issue doesn't get resolved before the next legend coming out will I still get the first one since I've been trying to get this resolved since Monday?
Message 23 of 145 (180,348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Linking EA and Twitch Prime

Community Manager (retired)

Hey,

I've taken the liberty in merging your posts together as the majority of you here are encountering an issue when attempting to unlink your Twitch & EA account. We've come up with a fix for this issue on our side as you can see below:  

I NEED TO UNLINK MY ACCOUNTS

Did you link the wrong EA Account to your Twitch account? Disconnecting Electronic Arts from your Twitch account in your Twitch Connection Settings won’t unlink your accounts.

Follow our steps here to make sure you get unlinked:

1. Click Contact Us at the top of help.ea.com.
  2. Choose Madden 18 as your game.
  3. Pick your platform that you play on.
  4. Click Twitch Prime for the topic.
  5. Click Account link issue for the issue.
  6. You’ll be taken to a page where you can Click here if you need to unlink your EA Account from your Twitch account.

You can also go right to the page here.

Once you’ve unlinked your EA Account from your Twitch account, you’ll need to unlink your accounts from Twitch, too.

1. Go to twitch.tv.
  2. Go to your Settings.
  3. Click Connections.
  4. Scroll down to Other connections.
  5. Click Disconnect next to Electronic Arts.

Now that you’ve unlinked your accounts from both ends, you can relink your Twitch account to the right EA Account to start getting your rewards.

Didn’t get your rewards when you link your new account? Contact Twitch for help.

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/madden/madden-18/madden-nfl-18-and-twitch/

If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this.

Kind regards,

David.

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 33 of 145 (175,684 Views)

All Replies

how do you unlink a twitch account?

★★★ Newbie

I have two Ea accounts and I linked the wrong one to my twitch prime acc. how do I fix this?

Message 1 of 145 (181,450 Views)

Re: how do you unlink a twitch account?

★★★ Newbie

I was able to unlink mine by clicking on my twitch profile, then connections, then scrolling all of the way down and pressing disconnect. However, when I try to link the correct account, I receive a message that says 

{"error":"invalid_request"}

Message 2 of 145 (181,415 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ewolfeman Have you tried to clear browser cache or use another browser?

Message 3 of 145 (181,395 Views)

Error linking twitch to EA account

★★★ Newbie

I Am trying to link my twitch account to my ea account, I Put in the security code and it give me the error 

{"error":"invalid_request"}

what do i do ? 

Message 4 of 145 (180,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have. the same issue! please fix twitch/EA

Ea told me to contact Amazon

Amazon told me to contact Twitch

Twitch told me to contact EA

This is confusing as hell. I hope they resolve this sooner than later.

Message 5 of 145 (180,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm getting the same thing the first time I did everything and waited 10 hours and nothing happened so I disconnected my ea account from twitch to try and re do the steps and when I try and link my twitch prime account to my ea account I get that same error message.
Message 6 of 145 (180,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 145 (180,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have also had this issue.  Any progress?

Message 8 of 145 (181,301 Views)

Made a mistake with Twitch rewards

★ Novice

I accidentally linked my Twitch account with an old EA email of mine and I believe the rewards will be sent to that account rather than my current one. Can I transfer the rewards and all future ones to my current account?

Message 9 of 145 (180,044 Views)