Ingame installation

by LittleDemon2004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ingame installation

★★★ Newbie

My installation bar in the top left is stuck in the middle and has been for two days. I've tried restarting my ps4 and deleting some games for space but the only thing that changes is that next to installing there will be either three dots or extremely large numbers

Message 1 of 2 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ingame installation

Community Manager

Hi, @LittleDemon2004 

Are you still having trouble installing the game? If you're using an external hard drive try installing it to the internal. If there is a USB stick or other device attached to the console, remove it.

If you're installing it via a disc, try unplugging your PS4 from the internet to have it avoid installing updates at the same time.

Have you tried a power cycle to see if that helps speed up the installation?

How to power cycle your PS4 console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (410 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ingame installation

Community Manager

Hi, @LittleDemon2004 

Are you still having trouble installing the game? If you're using an external hard drive try installing it to the internal. If there is a USB stick or other device attached to the console, remove it.

If you're installing it via a disc, try unplugging your PS4 from the internet to have it avoid installing updates at the same time.

Have you tried a power cycle to see if that helps speed up the installation?

How to power cycle your PS4 console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (411 Views)