Missing Head to Head Rank

by wr3cka

Original Post

Re: Missing online h2h rank

★★★★★ Novice

Well said. The game has been on a steady decline since 2005 I think it was, when they bought the exclusive rights to the NFLPA, effectively putting the 2K football games, whoever makes those, completely out of the game. They made on or two with fake names and uniforms, great games, superior to Madden in every way, but c'mon I wanna throw a TD pass to Gronk from Tom, not generic named nobodies in random uniforms.  The average to below average nature of Madden has been tolerable for me up to this point, but they have just completely ruined ranked H2H slowly, piece by piece, over the last few years especially. 

1. Can't see opponents team (cripple fights used to be fun, Browns V. Titans or something. Basically impossible now as you can't see your opponents team)

2. No lobby to see and screen opponents with low discos. Back in the day I'd never play anyone with a disco higher than 10%

3. DNF percentage doesn't even exist, you can't even block guys after a game with cheater or quitter like stats. 

4. Why does it even allow the same teams to be matched up? Rams vs. Rams is not really fun. 

5. No weather at all

6. No injuries at all (can I at least knock a guy out for a quarter with a bomb hit stick on a fatigued player??? How fricking hard would that be yea?)

7. No penalties (virtually none...  back in the day you'd get face masks and stuff if you wen't for a strip, and pass interference if you blatantly blocked a dude running a route). I don't mind no holding and stuff that is 100 percent out of player control, but things like hit stick, strip ball etc used to come with some risk of a penalty. 

8. No challenges at all. In '17 you could challenge, but it was buggy as hell, instead of fixing the bugs, they just took it out, lol! 

9. A bunch of sh** I am forgetting.

AND NOW, we can't even get a proper ranking system so we can get matched up against similar players. Seriously, I'm well over 9000 points, would be ranked in the top 1500 at least, and I'm getting matched up against dudes with a 14-50 record and 1700 points..... why? I mean cmon. 

Message 531 of 625 (5,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Good list of things that were removed.

They spend all their time coding things they can sell in MUT is why these are missing.
Message 532 of 625 (5,013 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly man I think I've mentioned that a few times through this thread -  the micropayments that accompany MUT make millions and millions, tough for H2H to compete with that, but still...  matchmaking features have existed in madden since at least 2003. In 2018 we have a head to head game, meant to be competitive, BUT HAS ZERO FEATURES IN THE GAME TO ACTUALLY FIND COMPETITION!?!  *slow clap.... 

We all keep saying the same thing here in different ways - that is, EA Sports Madden NFL Football 2018 no longer has ANY INTUITIVE MATCHMAKING SYSTEM AT ALL! So, we've got a game meant to be played head to head competitively, with NO way of actually FINDING competition.   None. Zero. Zip. Who you get matched up against is completely, 100% random, with no regard for opponent skill, opponent record, stats, team choice, number of games played, DNF percentage, nor things like network speed, ping, or geographic location.....  NOTHING. I've play sports games and first person shooters online, since the mid 90's or so, and I honestly cannot remember any other game with ZERO matchmaking system and just a complete crapshoot like 18 is.  Some of the matchmaking algorithms have sucked, Call of Duty had some dark years for matchmaking, but there WAS a system, a matchmaking algorithm, in place that functioned at least somewhat well. Madden's matchmaking has been slipping over the past new years, and now there is none. A competitive game with no way to actually find that competition.  Quite the accomplishment, EA Sports.... quite the accomplishment.  

Even without a functioning ranking or matchmaking algorithm, a halfway competent matchmaking opening screen (read: ANY screen) would still make Madden totally fine. I mean look at Fifa and NHL, you can view your opponents stats before you accept the game - so if my rank in NHL disappeared, really no big deal - i mean the rank number itself or what top percentage I'm at isn't going to make my wife suddenly agree to a gangbang or get me a promotion at work, the number doesn't mean * it's just a way to find someone at about the same skill. Without a rank in NFL I could still be able to look at my opponents stats and visa versa and accept the game or back out if he had a high disco or scrubby record or was a noob. Madden now has NO ranking system, it has NO matchmaking system or screen, and has NO way to view anything about the opponent before the game starts. 

I've been an avid supporter of Madden even through it's heavy skid over the past decade, but this is pretty well it for me. I can deal with a few glitches, I can deal with paying 60 bucks for a glorified roster update, and I'm under no illusion we will return to the glory days of Madden 2003-2008 (remember defensive assignments? You could actually have a corner shaddow their best reciever etc..),  but if they aren't even going to ATTEMPT to put any type of matchmaking algorithm in the game, what is the fuc*ing point of playing a match?  Probably 35-40% of my wins are bottom of the barrel players who conceded after 3 minutes. Super fun!  I'll keep playing 18 until the super bowl is over, then the 'ol Xbox is going to gamestop for 30 bucks cash and that's that. Buy my wife a vibrator with the money so she can get fu**ed by EA Sports in a good way, not like us. 

Message 533 of 625 (5,006 Views)

★ Pro

Wow, Hypnotoad. Your list nailed it. Hey, EA, are you listening -- we DO NOT like what you've done to H2H the past few years. Put it back the way it was and FIX THE RANKING SYSTEM!!!

Message 534 of 625 (4,992 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] - Missing Head to Head Rank

★★★ Novice

Why no answer to this?

Message 535 of 625 (4,977 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] - Missing Head to Head Rank

★★★★ Novice
My ranking still won't show up! Will this ever be fixed?
Message 536 of 625 (4,888 Views)

NOT SOLVED: RANK NOT SHOWING

★★★★ Novice
Why won't EA actually do something about our rank not showing up!? I hope they realize that none of us will be buying Madden19 if this doesn't get resolved ASAP. #showusourrank
Message 537 of 625 (4,890 Views)

Re: NOT SOLVED: RANK NOT SHOWING

★★★★★ Newbie

When I spoke with them I was told it was in the works and that was back in sept. Recently I was told it wasn't a top piority

Message 538 of 625 (4,871 Views)

★★★ Novice
Any luck?? When I had the trial back months ago it showed my rank and then boom regular game nothing and over 7k ranking points here and I have no idea where I stand. Bunch of bs
Message 539 of 625 (4,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem too. Can't wait for 2k to come back !
Message 540 of 625 (4,826 Views)