Re: I ordered Madden18 the Goat Edition

by CMillard3488

Original Post

I ordered Madden18 the Goat Edition

★★★ Newbie
I ordered Madden18 the Goat Edition they charged me and all but only will allow me to down the regular version..
Message 1 of 11 (1,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had same issue!! called xbox they sent me to ea help. ea help told me that goat edition is showing up as standard edition. They stated that i should download standard edition and all the stuff that comes with goat edition will be there!! hope this helps. I recommend contacting help.ea.com and talk to them.

Message 2 of 11 (1,734 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey!

I just wanted to follow up on this and say that it is purely a visual issue - when you install the game and run it you will have the G.O.A.T Edition. 

Have a great time playing! 

Message 3 of 11 (1,685 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

That's possibly incorrect DarDar..until the game drops, we won't know, but I can tell you from experience, that the same thing happened when I bought the digital copy of NBA 2k17 Kobe Bryant legend edition Gold (what a mouthful!) it downloaded all the DLC, but we got got the standard Paul George version...this is definitely a deterrent to ordering digitally..I don't want to have to go back to Gamestop, but that's what you're leading us to.

Message 4 of 11 (1,665 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @CMillard3488

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with NBA 2k17 Kobe Bryant legend edition, in terms of the Madden 18 G.O.A.T edition I have reached out directly to our team over this and they've looked into it, they confirmed it was purely visual. 

If the game drops and you are missing this content do let us know and we will try to fix it for you as quick as possible, but for now I believe everyone who experiences this should be fine! 

Message 5 of 11 (1,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, it seems to be visual because when I go to Microsoft billing it is showing goat edition. I'm hopeful that I will be able to play the game 8/22/17 rather than 8/25/17 and will get all dlc content on 8/22. if I have an issue I can call ea and they will help? or will it be Microsoft?

Message 6 of 11 (1,612 Views)

★★ Novice

So like I said, last week, DarDar, Madden's game art never switched..can't place all the blame on 2k, now, huh? Guess I'll just boycott digital downloads, or just quit paying ridiculous amounts of money for a video game, all together. False advertising, at its finest..only thing worth preordering for, was the 3 day early access, and the gold hyped Brady artworks (that we never got, if we DL'ed it). MUT is nothing more than a money scheme..it's terrible...drop hundreds of dollars, or have a * team lol great concept. So in summation, just to clarify, if someone pays extra money for a certain version of a game, THATS THE ONE WE EXPECT.

Message 7 of 11 (1,457 Views)

★★ Novice

EA_Roger granted DarDar some XP for his bogus, shut him up for now, answer. How about Roger weighs in on the situation, now? That's right! He's too busy dealing with all the missing content lmao 

Message 8 of 11 (1,451 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CMillard3488

Dude, chill. This is 2017 and technology is f*ckin amazing. If you're having art issues, it can easily be a communication issue with EA and Xbox. It's already confirmed that there's a visual problem, so why not sit and enjoy your game instead of making passive aggressive comments to forum managers that are paid to help people, not argue with you?

DarDar has given a complete answer for the players experiencing this visual problem and has offered to continue to help them if other issues pop up. What on earth would possess you to think that they can possibly do more at the moment?

Message 9 of 11 (1,438 Views)

★★ Novice

It should've been corrected before dropping, don't you think? Especially with it being something as simple as using the correct art lol 

Message 10 of 11 (1,403 Views)