Game Crashing, Offline Franchise

by hutch1281

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashing, Offline Franchise

★★★ Novice
Purchased "GOAT" edition, upon selecting to play second pre season game in offline franchise mode, game freezes at loading screen, repeated 10 plus times with same result, game breaking situation
Message 1 of 11 (1,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashing, Offline Franchise

Community Manager (retired)

Hey folks! @hutch1281 @Curse_Clouds08 @Scorpio1224

Can you try the following steps for me please?

1. Sim to the Regular season

2. Cut the amount of players on the team identical to the players on the Injured Reserve.

@Scorpio1224 can you try step 2 as I know step 1 is already not working for you.

-Aido

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,456 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the EXACT same problem... second preseason game freezes for me too... what the heck.

Message 2 of 11 (1,347 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I understand that it's a new game, I just hate that I'm not going to get to take much advantage of the 3 days early bonus of the goat edition. Hoping the devs resolve this soon.
Message 3 of 11 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same for me, even tried making a new franchise and simming the preseason and still won't work. I tweeted the error screen to EA help, I'll let you know if I hear anything
Message 4 of 11 (1,325 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks man, I hope they get it fixed soon. Go Pats!!!
Message 5 of 11 (1,315 Views)

Hey folks! @hutch1281 @Curse_Clouds08 @Scorpio1224

Can you try the following steps for me please?

1. Sim to the Regular season

2. Cut the amount of players on the team identical to the players on the Injured Reserve.

@Scorpio1224 can you try step 2 as I know step 1 is already not working for you.

-Aido
Message 6 of 11 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aidan
Hello, thank you for your prompt response to our issue and your attentiveness to the situation. I completed the step as requested. 1, simulating to the regular season, and 2, cutting players equal to the number of players on IR (which for me was 0, because I play with injuries turned off.) Upon completion of these steps I launched the first regular season game and it loaded up as normal. However I created a save point before I simulated because I do want to play the preseason games that crash during the loading screen once the issue is worked around or patched. Awaiting further instruction.
Thanks,
Hutch
Message 7 of 11 (1,243 Views)

Hey @hutch1281

Glad that it has at least gotten you through to be able to play for now. We're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it going forward. 

-Aido

Message 8 of 11 (1,225 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep. Sim to regular season worked for me.
Message 9 of 11 (1,182 Views)

@smittycjackson

Great, glad to hear that's working for you too. We're continuing to look into this for now. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the game!

-Aido

Message 10 of 11 (1,175 Views)