Re: Freezing while saving Madden 17 franchise offline

by 603trucott

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

For all the money we all spent on this game, are you basically telling me that EA doesn't employ any QA engineers or any engineers to do bug fixing?  This is a well reported problem that is easily recreateable.  I had a brand new install less than a week ago, and I'm experiencing the exact same issues that people have been reporting for months.  All of your fixes (which are insanely convoluted as compared to actually debugging your game and identifying the failure) don't work.  For that matter, your "fixes" were all identified by your consumers and not you or your engineering team.

To be clear: this is not simply a corrupted file.  It shouldn't be so easy to replicate with such a clear pattern.  If the file is corrupted it's because there is a flaw in your code.

If EA isn't going to fix this (which I would expect is the case considering the games been out for over 6 months with no patch), I would like a refund.

Message 21 of 31 (4,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's now May and a new game will be out in a few months and I still can't play madden 17 because of freezing issues that was reported last summer. This is crazy. Either I want a verified fix for the issue or a refund. Better yet, I have friends that are attorneys. With all the responses on this board alone, maybe a class action lawsuit is in order. You obviously put out a defective game with no intentions to fix it and basically defrauding your consumers. 

Message 22 of 31 (4,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine is on my 360 and I use the disc. About year 2023 advancing from week 4 pre season to regular season..it freezes again and again. Multiple different francises..same result. Very frustrating.
Message 23 of 31 (4,103 Views)

★ Novice

same problem and it's only been happening over the last week. i try to save under existing name and even as a new save. 

Message 24 of 31 (4,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i just installed madden 17 on my xbox one a week ago. all updates were installed. i am having the Exact same problem desribed by users above. It is the end of May, 2017, so the moderators telling these users months ago that an uninstall and reinstall will fix the problem sounds pretty stupid in retrospect.
Message 25 of 31 (3,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@catclyde i got the game and did a new install w/all updates, last week, at the end of May. i am having your Exact problem. i see you had this issue 6 months ago with no help from EA.... fml
Message 26 of 31 (3,961 Views)

★★ Novice

Madden has had this problem for YEARS and will not attempt to fix the issue, they make more money on MUT so they dont care about the rest of us

Message 27 of 31 (3,955 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ChunkyxHippo as of Jun 30th 2017.Same problems as the guys posted above. Going into season 2022 the game freezes. Tried the pre-existing injuries "fix", change the time zone "fix", and total wipe and reinstall "fix" and guess what none have worked.
And no solution from EA ? Well I have the ultimate solution. I will not be purchasing anymore EA sports products.
Message 28 of 31 (3,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Wow madden after all these years u still have a bug that freezes the game trying to save or to load up cfm..can I ask a serious question wtf us wrong with ur developers to make stuff like this seem ok? Plz fix ur * Standard smile
Message 29 of 31 (3,260 Views)

★★ Novice

Neither of the accepted solutions has worked for me.  Is there any way for me to actually get some enjoyment from the game I paid for anymore?

Message 30 of 31 (2,818 Views)