Original Post

Franchis Hiring Staff

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug When trying to hire a staff I backed out of the Hire Staff page and then for some reason it wouldn't let me hire a staff (I also couldn't find anywhere else to hire/fire staff). Then the next opportunity to hire a staff I didn't have the option to hire the individual staff members, but it told me every staff member had signed with me. However, when I went to my staff page I didn't have a trainer or a scout.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Franchise mode, wait until the staff contract runs out (unless there's some option to fire staff), then hire staff. After clicking the hire staff make an offer to a coach, withdraw the offer, then back out of that screen and the bug will occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't hire staff, claims every possible coach has signed with my team making them unsignable even though they aren't actually on my staff
What do you expect to see? A working game
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug When trying to hire a staff I backed out of the Hire Staff page and then for some reason it wouldn't let me hire a staff (I also couldn't find anywhere else to hire/fire staff). Then the next opportunity to hire a staff I didn't have the option to hire the individual staff members, but it told me every staff member had signed with me. However, when I went to my staff page I didn't have a trainer or a scout.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Franchise mode, wait until the staff contract runs out (unless there's some option to fire staff), then hire staff. After clicking the hire staff make an offer to a coach, withdraw the offer, then back out of that screen and the bug will occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't hire staff, claims every possible coach has signed with my team making them unsignable even though they aren't actually on my staff
What do you expect to see? A working game
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Message 1 of 7 (27,921 Views)

Re: Franchis Hiring Staff

★★★ Apprentice
Go to Owner -> Staff and you can fire/hire staff from here. You will need to chose trainer or scout and use the LT to bring up available staff.

BTW you can do this as many times a season as you want. There is no penalty. Scouting players that you have the corresponding scout for will save you a lot of scouting points.
Message 2 of 7 (27,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having the same issue, i did what you said and there is no options under the staff section other than to go back. Anyone have another solution?
Message 3 of 7 (27,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Is this during the off season? If you didn’t use the hire staff option when it came up you’ll have to wait until the preseason. Don’t worry you can hire and fire trainers and scouts much as you want during the preseason and regular season at no penalty.
Message 4 of 7 (27,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes, and it said mike mccarthy signed with me,even though i didnt give him an offer, then when i advanced the news said he signed with packers and the computer signed me a crappy level 1 coach.
Message 5 of 7 (27,627 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I had the CPU tell me I hired Pete Carrol one time and I also never gave him an offer. He also did not end up on my team. You might have just gotten McDanieled.

It is really important to make sure your coach stays under contract. The black and gray check marks that EA uses to identify if they’re under contract are a bit ambiguous.

I think you are SOL but you could write up a bug report and hopefully EA will look into it.
Message 6 of 7 (27,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CaptKasper Doesn’t work we have tryed that.
Message 7 of 7 (13,926 Views)