Re: Custom Playbook

by CWade580

Original Post

Custom Playbook

★★ Novice
I have a question about custom play books. I created one in 17 and now in 18. I have a lot of different formations I run and I like them to all be in one playbook for when I use practice mode or online head to head. I created one yesterday and when I went to practice mode and online head to head I had a lot of missing plays in my shotgun formation. If I click on concept or play types I can find them but there not in formations. I edited correctly and saved my playbook and also I'm not over my 500 play limit. Can somebody please help me to figure out how to view all my plays in there formations. Thank you!
Message 1 of 13 (24,819 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They may be in the Hailmary formation.  I had this issue... Had to recreate the Playbook to get it to work... It can be a pain in the @ss...

Message 2 of 13 (24,603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also make sure you dont go over the formation total.  You only get an alert if you exceed the 500 plays.  If you go pass the sets, it will allow you to keep adding plays without giving you any warnings, but not of those plays will show up in the PB.  I told them that they should put an alert similar to the one you get at 500 plays, but, just something to keep aware of.

Message 3 of 13 (24,602 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok thanks for the tips man! I recreated a playbook and it finally worked but noticed I had one or two formations that's weren't there but it was better then my first one. I appreciate it! Also one more thing, shotgun formation trips y iso PA Bubble Y Look the receiver that runs the bubble screen just runs straight up the field and doesn't run his screen. Have you noticed this? Was wondering if it was a glitch or not. I've ran it on online head to head and practice mode and doesn't seem to work.
Message 4 of 13 (24,590 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yea.. I think thats most bubble screens right now... Rex said they already aware of that and should be fixed with the first patch that goes live.  as for the missing formations... you might want to delete sets with a few plays to see if the set count drops below 51 so you know where you are limit wise and then decide on the formations you are willing to get rid of.

Message 5 of 13 (24,576 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok thanks man, I appreciate all the info!
Message 6 of 13 (24,570 Views)

Shotgun formation not showing up in Madden 18 custom playbook

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
The entire shotgun formation is not showing up in my custom playbook when I go practice mode or play now mode.. I had the same problem in Madden 17 & now it's happening again in Madden 18.. I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed.. Makes me wanna just give up & get a refund becuz this is *!!!!! I pay 80 friggin dollars for a game & parts of it don't work!!!! This is an ongoing problem & I haven't ever heard of any kinda solution..
Message 7 of 13 (24,712 Views)

Re: Shotgun formation not showing up in Madden 18 custom playbook

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, but one set of the shotgun (Split Flex) won't show up no matter what I do.  Any hints?

Message 8 of 13 (24,536 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the issue except its Shotgun Ace Offset not showing up. Ive created a new playbook and still nothing.

Message 9 of 13 (24,439 Views)

★★ Novice
I finally just started over on customizing my playbook and it finally worked. Just make sure you don't go over your limit on formations. It should tell you at the bottom of the screen next to plays limit. But I basically just started all over and it worked
Message 10 of 13 (24,420 Views)