Constantly losing connection to EA Servers

by L34RY

Original Post

Constantly losing connection to EA Servers

★★★★★ Novice

I can't play FotF or MUT for more than a few minutes without being kicked out of the game for losing connection. Playing on a Series X with a hard wired connection. 

Backing out to the home dashboard, I still have connection to XBL. It's just the EA servers that are built out of toasters and mouse traps. 

Message 1 of 43 (25,220 Views)

Re: Constantly losing connection to EA Servers

@L34RY did you already try to do a power cycle? I've read that power cycling your PS might solve issues regarding the connection to EA servers.

how to do it (taken from a post by EA_Aljo): >>> unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. <<<

hope that helps. good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 2 of 43 (25,200 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having this issue in cfm. Training scouting and games either go and don’t save then loose connection to servers or take forever time out and loose connection period. And now it won’t even let us advance the week. Constant glitches then kicked out by server 

Message 3 of 43 (25,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I will not spend any more money onany madden games it’s not worth it. My first experience with a madden game and let me tell you over 150 losses from disconnect and player conceded and me getting the loss is sickening.

Message 4 of 43 (25,186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have an Xbox, not PS.... but yeah, I've hard reset, I quit out of the game from the home screen which gave me a 30 minute run to the 3rd quarter on FotF, but not long enough to complete anything. I've rebooted my router, given QoS priority to my Xbox, hard wired with CAT6e directly to the router.... it's the EA servers sh!tting the bed. Xbox Live is still connected when EA kicks me off. 

Message 5 of 43 (25,177 Views)

did you try power cycling your device (as I've written above)? does it do any help?

Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 6 of 43 (25,154 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have tried the most basic of troubleshooting steps (power cycling). No, it did not help. If it had, I would not have found myself posting to a technical support forum.

Message 7 of 43 (25,151 Views)

Community Manager

@L34RY 

I play on an Xbox One Series X myself. Can you let me know if these steps help? I threw in a connection article at the bottom if the first run of steps don't work (power cycle and MAC Address clear). I know that stuff can be frustrating and we're here to help if you want to see if anything can be done from the hardware side to make it play better.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 43 (25,118 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I've tried all of these steps previously. (I come from a hardware/software support background.) What helps most often is going back to the home dashboard and quitting out of the game. Quick restart causes the EA server disconnection faster and more frequently. Restarting after the full close gives me 30 to 45 minutes of play before the next disconnect, provided I don't go idle long enough for the controller to DC.

I appreciate your attempt to help, however I have accepted that this game, like every new gen iteration, has its share of quirks. It's just unfortunate that many of the game modes have been rendered unplayable.
Message 9 of 43 (25,114 Views)

Community Manager
@L34RY Would you be able to run a UO Trace via the article I linked above and screenshot me the results? Block out the first 2 IP addresses as those are your local network.
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 43 (25,111 Views)