Connection to peer has been lost

by SmileyGotYou

Original Post

Re: Help!?

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, ruining the game completely.

Message 11 of 85 (1,900 Views)

Re: Connection to peer has been lost

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem as well. Alright internet connection, get kicked before the kickoff in every game I have attempted so far except against friends. I have completed 4 games of MUT against friends

Message 12 of 85 (1,915 Views)

★★ Novice
Well Misery loves Company. Has anyone spoke to an EA person?

I'm connected through my wifi extender. A friend suggested I go through router but that isn't possible due to the location of router.

I'm able to stream Amazon, Netflix and the like. It seems as though Madden 17 is the issue.

Let me know if you guys/gals get it figured out. I'll try and speak with someone and post the update.

Until then there is always offline play....
Message 13 of 85 (1,904 Views)

Re: Disconnecting EVERY game with END GAME screen.

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same exact issue.

I bought Madden 17 for both my Xbox One and PS4 and get the same issue with the same error on both consoles! I am fully connected to the internet, to XBOX Live, to PSN Network, and am able to still be connected to the EA Servers and be on the "Head to Head" hub.  

I have reset my router, consoles, and even had COX Cable come out to give me a new router.  I have tested both wired and wifi connections which I STILL receive the same error and get kicked from every game.  My buddy and I tried to get an unranked game in for over an hour with the same disconnections happening.

To top it off....I got a loss every time I got booted...and we didn't even get to the kick off...

PLEASE HELP! I have been buying Madden every year since Madden 2002 on Nintendo 64.

Any follow up here would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 14 of 85 (1,902 Views)

Community Manager

@SmileyGotYou@StoneColdSWAGGA@esmith984@UNCLEPEYTON@Lo0KATMyBIO@MaddenUniversity

There are a few possibilities here:

barry.png
Message 15 of 85 (1,881 Views)

Re: Help!?

Community Manager

During peak usage periods you may need to make more than one attempt to connect.

You can improve your connection by opening the relevant ports if you have not already done so:

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/madden/madden-2017/online-ports-to-improve-your-madden-17-connection

barry.png
Message 16 of 85 (1,871 Views)

Thanks @EA_Barry for the response... 

Unfortunately, I have already reviewed and attempted the tasks in the link you suggested prior to posting my original message. 

At this point I haven't taken a systematic approach to testing the problem, but since my original message I have attempted to play about 5-8 games with my only successful game coming when I had Team Specific playbooks for offense and defense.  In my only other successful game prior, my team's default playbooks were selected as well.  All of my other unsuccessful games had different playbooks selected (mostly custom).  Perhaps, it's a custom playbook issue?

I'll continue to attempt to play, but the default playbook for my team is a far cry from what I'd use to compete online.  It if is indeed a problem with using a custom playbook, please push to have it addressed it in the upcoming patch. 

Later

Message 17 of 85 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and its been that way since Tuesday. EA is telling me it's my internet providers fault. I have a new router, new cable wires and i upgrade my internet but now i am seeing more and more people are having the same issues. Hopefully now they will listen to me when they call me!!!

Message 18 of 85 (1,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i am about to try that method about the team specific playbooks and see what happens. 

Message 19 of 85 (1,849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

maddenuniversity i think you have something with your diagnosis is correct. i just tried to play 3 games with the panthers original playbook and i was able to get past the first 2 plays 2 out of the 3 games. 

Message 20 of 85 (1,847 Views)