Connected Franchise: Ending a game and getting kicked to main menu on Xbox One

by Brucewaye79

Original Post

Re: Connected Franchise: Ending a game and getting kicked to main menu on Xbox O

★★ Novice
Yup, same thing here. Really puts a damper on the game when you don't know if it'll even be saved or not. Pretty game breaking issue.
Message 11 of 42 (3,940 Views)

Re: Connected Franchise: Ending a game and getting kicked to main menu on Xbox O

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the exact same issue. Every CFM game I play quits back to the main menu when I choose "finish game", with no record of the game I just played when I reload my most recent save. Pretty infuriating as I then have to sit and simulate the game several times in a row until my team gets the same result as me. It also makes all the stats from the game meaningless and generally takes any feeling of joy out of playing Madden right now.

I'm also not really inclined to delete all my saves in an attempt to fix the problem as my CFM game has many hours sunk into it.

And yes I think this problem has only started since the recent patch. A fix would be excellent as I love Madden but really don't feel like I can play it with this game-breaking issue.
Message 12 of 42 (3,932 Views)

★★ Novice
It appears that I have found a way to work around the problem. When you turn on the Xbox one close down madden and start the game from the top. Doing this I have had 3 successful gaming sessions. 3 is not enough to prove my theory but Its a good start
Message 13 of 42 (3,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have decided that it was the last patch/update they put out that caused the problem.  I had to go offline, erase everthing, uninstall and reinstall, stay offline and it works fine now.

Message 14 of 42 (3,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently experienced this issue for the first time.  I had just won a Super Bowl 56-0 in the absolutely best game I'd ever played.  Kicked back to the main menu and I was too frustrated to play the game again.  I let it sim and lost 39-35.  Frustrating.  Yeah.

Message 15 of 42 (3,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Jwkanak,

Thanks for the advice. Do you need to turn off and quit madden after every game, or just at the start of each session you play? Also if you've played more since your post, have you still been having luck with the fix or was it just coincidence?

Message 16 of 42 (3,897 Views)

★★ Novice
It's just per session. It worked again this morning. My guess is that something gets hung up when you continue playing without fully restarting the game
Message 17 of 42 (3,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And to fluharty13 - yes. This is the most crushing part about it (aside from CFM being literally unplayable). The great story that goes along wih your seasons and games. I had a game as the Jaguars who I'm rebuilding. I was playing the Patriots and had a huge turning point game in the season as I came away with the win. To add to that Brady was put out for the season with a broken collarbone. It was an exciting game! Suffice to say all was lost after I chose "Finish Game". All this stuff adds depth and interest to CFM that you just dont get from simming games and then checking the injury reports for both teams if you can even be bothered.

Message 18 of 42 (3,894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I would love would be for EA to post here and let us know that they are at least aware that there is an issue. If there's no fix yet fine but just to acknowledge that there is a problem would make me feel better and that the game might be fixed within the next days/weeks. Just a "We are aware of this problem and are working on a fix" would be fine I think. There are numerous other forums with people reporting this apparently widespread problem.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/765827-what-happened.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/789821-madden-nfl-15/70333174

I'm sure there are other places too.

Thanks

Message 19 of 42 (3,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Interesting. I'll see if I can give it a try today and report back. So to confirm the steps. Turn on Xbox, exit madden. Reset Xbox then play madden. If this is a fix I hope only a temporary one and EA still addresses the problem.

Message 20 of 42 (3,881 Views)