Re: Connect EA account to PSN

by thelimegreen

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. When I click anything related to an Online mode in-game, it keeps prompting me to reset my password. I've done this several times and it still did not work. When I contacted an EA help 'advisor' they sent me a link to the help FAQ. I tried signing in to EA on my computer using my PSN but I received an error message and once again asking me to reset my password.

Any fix?

Message 11 of 19 (2,622 Views)

★ Novice

Three weeks later and this is still an issue. I just got anthem for PS4 and I can't log in because it's asking be to change my password. I had already changed my password last month, changed it again today and it keeps asking me to change it. I logged in through EA.com and it says there's an error and asks for a password change.

Message 12 of 19 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is such a ridiculous issue. Just let me play the game and fix your stupid bugs.

Message 13 of 19 (2,169 Views)

★ Novice

So I was able to fix this by calling EA Support and having them merge accounts. 

From what I was told, the issue stems from their system deleting accounts due to inactivity, which is really stupid since I don't play EA games ALL of the time. Hell, I don't think I remember when was the last time I played an EA game. The way they fix it is that they grab your inactive account and they merge it with the current "active" account from the site. I'm not sure why these accounts are different, but once they are merged you get all of the stuff back but you are unable to do this again, which shouldn't be a problem, really. 

I just hope they take out this inactivity deletion thing. EA is not a developer/publisher that owns the world nor not all of their games are that good to keep us playing over and over. I don't play any sports games and I refuse to give into these yearly releases of games. This inactivity thing is complete BS and should be removed.

Message 14 of 19 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AimanKnight What number did you use to get a hold of them. I got Madden 23 for Christmas and I have yet to be able to sign in to my EA account and gotten no help from any of these forums. I can't find a number is the US to call and or when I try to put a ticket in its sends to me a forum or a twitter page. Beyond pissed off.

I have reset passwords and tried linking my account to my PSN but when i try it sends me to reset my password again. Any help would be great thanks.
Message 15 of 19 (1,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EbonyMcNicholas We need this fixed
Message 16 of 19 (837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 17 of 19 (524 Views)

★★ Novice

Definitely me too, it really only works if you got ea play app on a laptop