Cant download shared rosters

by Adamgi24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant download shared rosters

★★ Novice

Unable to download shared rosters. I can download the EA roster update but not shared rosters. It shows error every time. Any solution?

Message 1 of 64 (25,155 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant download shared rosters

Community Manager

This is a known issue that is actively being investigated.

*Marking this post as the solution for player visiblity.

@Apostle92627 - Do not bump this thread again please, bumping is not necessary and does not get this issue resolved any faster.

@RAYALEXANDERTHOR - Please use the regular font, huge font posts will be edited or removed.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 45 of 64 (14,470 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

This seems to be a wide spread problem.  I am on a PS4 with Madden 16.  After trying to download community Rosters, sliders etc, I get this exact error.

Error: An error has occurred while downloading the file. Please try again.

I tried multiple times.  I have shut off my PS4.  I have deleted the game and all that is saved.  I have reinstalled.  I even reset my modem, thinking that was the problem.  Still the same result.   Their is no problem downloading EA files though.

By the way their is no problem with my internet connection.  I am able to download on the PS4 with other games with no problems.

If you don't believe this is a wide spread problem, go check out the forums at Operation Sports.

Please keep us updated when this problem will be resolved.

Message 2 of 64 (25,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this same problem....instead it's on XBOX 360  MADDEN 16......MADDEN 15.....NO ISSUES.....Please Fix.....EA...or Refund my MONEY!!!!!!

Message 3 of 64 (25,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this same problem....instead it's on XBOX 360  MADDEN 16......MADDEN 15.....NO ISSUES.....Please Fix.....EA...or Refund my MONEY!!!!!!

Message 4 of 64 (25,015 Views)

★★ Novice

Its been 5 days, could you let the consumer know  what is the problem with this? Is it going to be fixed soon? Or will it be fixed in the patch along with the other issues. 

Message 5 of 64 (24,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have called ea.......last night...... they hung_up on me.....i don*t know what they will do......went to gamestop and they gave me another disc......with the same problem1111...so i*m not sure what will happen.....i*m annoyed with this whole situation........i guess...we*ll see what ea.....is going to do....

@sjj2xs1 wrote:

Its been 5 days, could you let the consumer know  what is the problem with this? Is it going to be fixed soon? Or will it be fixed in the patch along with the other issues. 

Message 6 of 64 (24,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have that problem too

Message 7 of 64 (24,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. I did a "live chat" with my buddy Saurabh. He said this is a common issue in "playstations' (I have a ps4). He said he would send me instructions on how to fix the issue via my email, and the ONE piece I asked him is if he was going to send me the firewall instructions, because I've done that, in three different way, with no luck.

My buddy Saurabh said that what he was sending me is a different solution. Here is what I was sent:

Dear Todd,

Please perform the following steps: for ps4

* Open the specific ports which are necessary to open for specific game and and for specific console: You can find those ports in the following link:
https://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-for-madden-nfl-16/

To open these ports you have to contact your internet service provider / You can also check the online website of your router, as in some websites the steps are given to add the ports according to the specific router.   I had already opened the ports from my own research

* Check that the System Software is up to date., To get the step to system update of your console
follow the steps
On the Cross Media Bar go to:
Settings -> System Software Update -> Update using the Internet 

<Are they kidding? They want me to check if my PS4 firmware is up to date? Yes, this is the problem EA, the playstation firmware> Oh, and my firmware was fine.

*Turn off the PlayStation fully, and disconnect the power cord and wait 7 seconds.
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5050/~/ps4-power-modes%3A-on,-off,-and-st...

<Once again...Are they kidding? "Turn it off and back on?" They don't think I tried that?>  Oh, and the link didn't work. I had to get to it myself through a search of their help "tool"

*Delete your game data <YES, THIS IS COMING FROM THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME! THEY ARE TELLING ME TO DELETE GAME DATA>

"Files in the Game Data Utility folder, are saved settings for a game (i.e., controller preferences, brightness settings, etc.).

These files are not game saves". <More data deletion!! AND, if you read these instructions, they can say I'm not deleting games....because I've already deleted them above>

To get the step to hard reset your console follow the link "https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files". <Where did this come from? Now I'm doing a hard reset of my console? I'm doing a hard reset on my PS4....and the link provided seems to be for the PS3...and is about the topic above, not the hard reset>

*Check your save data for corruption <This section title seems a bit vague, but hey, let's give it a shot!>
Here are steps to perform this:
Navigate to the Game section of the main menu.

Select Save Data Utility. <At first I thought I was being sent to a section of Madden. But Madden doesn't have a Save Data Utility. You know what does? My console. You are reading this (vague directive) correctly. I am being asked to check ALL OF MY FILES FOR ALL OF MY GAMES for data corruption! Because as we all  know, a corrupt file in QBert will totally impact all of the other games I have...the games I'm having no problem with. Clearly the games that WORK are the problem>
Highlight the game you are troubleshooting and press X. <Wait, ok, maybe they aren't asking me to look through all of my files. Regardless, considering the fact that I have about three files because I can't download anything, strangely, nothing was wrong>
Scroll through the save data for the game. If any save data is corrupt, this will display as a warning message below the data tile.
If you locate corrupt save data, highlight it and press Triangle, then select Delete.
<Yeah, none of the three files I accumulated so far are corrupt>

*Backup your data,delete and re-download your PSN ID. <Um, why, and what? How is this remotely related to anything I've done so far?>
To get the step to for doing so, follow the link https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5228/~/manage-ps4-save-game-data <Aside from the face that the link doesn't work, WTF is this for, and why am I doing it AFTER I've takenall of these useless, disconnected, troubleshooting steps?>

<I still think that somewhere within that garbled mess, they are telling me to check all of my files for corruption>

Here is my favorite part:

We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance

Regards,
Saurabh A.
EA Customer Experience

So at this point, I've gone scorched earth. I deleted everything from my PS4, and am now installing Madden 16 as the only game on the console. I'll let you know how that goes.

Message 8 of 64 (24,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What about......XBOX 360 !!!!   WHAT IS THE FIX FOR THIS CONSOLE OR GAME!!!!!   ANNOYED!!!!!   LET'S DO THIS.....EA!!!     

Message 9 of 64 (24,926 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RAYALEXANDERTHOR please try this. Let me know if it helps: 

We are aware that some players were unable to play online due to being unable to download the roster update or tuning data. 

We have fixed this issue and you should be able to download the updates without any problems. If you're still getting an error, restart your console. ​

If you that still does not help and you are on Xbox One, try the steps below:

• Go to Manage Game and select your name from the right
  • Hit delete everywhere

Warning: this will erase any locally saved Connected Franchise data.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-Common-Issues-and-Solutions-Updated-Aug-28/m-p/...

Message 10 of 64 (24,909 Views)