Cannot login or recovery my ea account due to email address being deleted

by bigarod77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got Madden today and when I started the game it says login to your EA Account. The email address associated is very old and was deleted by yahoo due to being inactive for so long. Is there anyway to change the email account that pops up to the one that I use for NBA Live, UFC, and NFS? 

There is no way to recover the password because the email address is gone forever, tried to recover it but I cannot.   

EA_Blueberry: Removed ALL CAPS and bold from post body

Message 1 of 10 (4,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CANNOT LOGIN OR RECOVERY MY EA ACCOUNT DUE TO EMAIL ADDRESS BEING DELETED

Champion (Retired)

Hey there @bigarod77

Can you change your e-mail associated with your account by going to the top right on this page, clicking the little arrow next to your name and choosing EA Account (Or opening up Origin client , clicking Origin from top left and choosing EA Account and Billing), clicking there "About me" and then the blue "Edit" text next to your Basic Information ?

If not, for example due to the fact the verification methods available to you are only associated with your e-mail you cannot get to, the only option you have to changing your e-mail address is by contacting an EA Advisor at the EA Support as they're the only people other than the users themselves allowed to do changes to the account details : https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For more advice how you can contact the EA Support, here's a link for that : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Be mindful that if you are on a console and you change the e-mail associated with your EA Account, you may have to link the PSN ID/Xbox Gamertag with your EA Account again : https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Good luck !

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,544 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hey there @bigarod77

Can you change your e-mail associated with your account by going to the top right on this page, clicking the little arrow next to your name and choosing EA Account (Or opening up Origin client , clicking Origin from top left and choosing EA Account and Billing), clicking there "About me" and then the blue "Edit" text next to your Basic Information ?

If not, for example due to the fact the verification methods available to you are only associated with your e-mail you cannot get to, the only option you have to changing your e-mail address is by contacting an EA Advisor at the EA Support as they're the only people other than the users themselves allowed to do changes to the account details : https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For more advice how you can contact the EA Support, here's a link for that : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Be mindful that if you are on a console and you change the e-mail associated with your EA Account, you may have to link the PSN ID/Xbox Gamertag with your EA Account again : https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Good luck !

Message 2 of 10 (4,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for that info. I haven't tried that yet but someone from EA just called me and is disabling the old email account associated with my gamertag. Currently on hold right now, fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 10 (4,314 Views)

Dont have email access

★★★ Newbie
I've purchased and played madden 16 for a while. Lately, I've been thinking about getting back into the game, unfortunately, every time I try to log in, I get the one time password popup. The problem is, I am not receiving any emails on any of the e-mail addresses I might've used back then. What can i do to recover my account? Thank you ahead of time.
Message 4 of 10 (4,259 Views)

Re: Dont have email access

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @classicchimp

@RedFoxxie has a very concise walk-through of steps you can take in this instance and has links to our support for account specific issues.

This should help resolve your issue 

Many thanks 

EA_Ryan 

Message 5 of 10 (4,235 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this exact problem only I called and talked to an advisor and they said there is absolutely nothing they can do, the only way to link my gamertag that is associated with my old EA and old email account, to my new EA account is to have access to my old email account so they can send a code to verify, I don't know why EA will not let me use my psn credentials to link with my new EA account, but I am stuck with a useless brand new Madden 19...plz let me know if they changed it for you

Message 6 of 10 (4,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ryan @RedFoxxie I’ve already contacted support and the rep was not very helpful. I was told to contact Google to ask them to recover a Google account that was deleted 4 years ago. They won’t do that. I was then told if I couldn’t get into my account or the email associated that I had to create a new XBox account to link to a new ea account. I just wanted to disable my account and link my gamer tag to a new account or some kind of fix. There has to be some way to fix this without me having to create a whole new XBox/Microsoft account which I’ve had for 4 years now.

Message 7 of 10 (4,039 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ryan @RedFoxxie I’ve already contacted support and the rep was not very helpful. I was told to contact Google to ask them to recover a Google account that was deleted 4 years ago. They won’t do that. I was then told if I couldn’t get into my account or the email associated that I had to create a new XBox account to link to a new ea account. I just wanted to disable my account and link my gamer tag to a new account or some kind of fix. There has to be some way to fix this without me having to create a whole new XBox/Microsoft account which I’ve had for 4 years now.

Message 8 of 10 (4,037 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. has anyone fixed this?

Message 9 of 10 (3,263 Views)

Community Manager

@Chastucker 

If you are not able to access your EA account please select this link below to get started with account recovery. You will be required to contact our Support team for account verification.

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

As this post is from 2017 and EA policies are subject to change, including account recovery, we will be locking this thread.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,232 Views)