Re: Cannot Connect to Servers to Play Madden 17

by Joeiverson

Original Post

Community Manager

@BareassBabooN 

I'm very sorry, but I don't have an update on this. I really don't know when that will happen, but should I hear back, I'll update this thread.

Aljo.png
Message 61 of 101 (1,838 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also experiencing the same issues 

Any solutions found ????

Message 62 of 101 (1,821 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm starting to feel like EA is just going to make an announcement in a month that Madden 17 is no longer supported.

Message 63 of 101 (1,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also have not been able to load my Connected Franchise for 3 weeks. I'm on Xbox One.

Get an error when continuing that says EA servers are not available at this time. If I try to load from the cloud option, it freezes on loading message.

Message 64 of 101 (1,633 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Do you have any update at all? Is Madden 17 no longer being supported? I wish EA would just come out and tell us if that's the case.
Message 65 of 101 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have any news?

As per your website (https://help.ea.com/ca/madden/madden-2017/) server status is DOWN.

How can be? Server is down and EA staff it is not sure?

Message 66 of 101 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Joeiverson 

Madden NFL 17 servers are still available and we're having some difficulties identifying what's causing this for these small impacted amount of players. If I may ask, do you have any router extenders in your household?

I'm under the impression connection to the servers doesn't work on a different Gamertag as well?

Do you use a custom Gamertag pic for your Xbox profile?

Blueberry.png
Message 67 of 101 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer and for your tips.

Currently I am playing on a PlayStation 4.

In my network nothing has changed since the last 12 months (same ISP, connection, cable, etc.) Also I am able to play any other game online, except Madden.

EA has probably "shut down" the servers to force people to buy madden 2021 (which is not very popular among users).

Message 68 of 101 (1,536 Views)

Community Manager

@Joeiverson wrote:

EA has probably "shut down" the servers to force people to buy madden 2021 (which is not very popular among users).

There are currently players online, so servers haven't been shut down. A list of what online services for games that have been shut down can be found here: https://www.ea.com/service-updates

Do you happen to have an EA Play membership? I'm wondering if you're able to connect to other Madden titles to narrow down if it's specific to Madden 17.

Blueberry.png
Message 69 of 101 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

As I wrote I am playing on a ps4.

As mentioned, regarding the connection or subscriptions, nothing has changed on my part.

About subscriptions: I have this EA account that I signed up with in the game. The only other Madden Titles I got it is Madden 15, should I try that one?

Message 70 of 101 (1,515 Views)