Online quick match error for madden 16

by KKDACOWBOYNYC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play online

★★★ Newbie
I can try to play normal Online, madden ultimate, or draft and when I hit search "an unexpected error has occurred please try again" and it happens repeatedly
Message 1 of 37 (42,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 16 problems with online play on xbox one.

★★ Novice

Apparently my NAT was on Strict in the network settings. Once I got it to open I connected without any problems.

View in thread

Message 21 of 37 (43,821 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't play online

Community Manager (retired)

@FNKY_ASSASIN

Have you tried some basic connectivity troubleshooting?

Most of the times connection issues are caused by one or more ports being blocked, by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security. First of all try to connect to the Internet using your cable directly, bypassing your router. Additionally, follow all or some of the guidelines provided by (depending on your platform):

You would also find Madden specific ports in the article: Madden 16 Network ports.

Message 2 of 37 (41,932 Views)

failed to start game online

★★★ Newbie
Everytime I go to start an online head to head game it says failed to start game an unexpected error occurred while starting your game what do I do on madden 16
Message 3 of 37 (42,947 Views)

Re: failed to start game online

★★★ Newbie
Hello,
I was having the same issue but I uninstall the game then reinstalled it and it worked the next time I tried to quick match a online game.
Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 37 (42,824 Views)

Online quick match error for madden 16

★★★ Newbie
Online quick match error for madden 16...Everytime i try to start an online quick match I get unexpected error message.
Message 5 of 37 (42,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing has happened to me for the last 3 days!!! I've uninstalled the game numerous times and re downloaded it, rebooted my router, literally all of my games work except for my EA games, complete * if you ask me.
Message 6 of 37 (42,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Why isn't anyone from EA Sports addressing this issue..???
Message 7 of 37 (42,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Why isn't anyone from EA Sports addressing this issue..???
Message 8 of 37 (42,621 Views)

It's Been 9 Days And I Still Can't Play MUT16 H2H or Draft Champions

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox One. Whenever I try to go on MUT H2H or Draft Champions, 1 of 3 things will happen.

1) "An unexpected error has occured" when looking for a match.

2) It will load for a few seconds, than take me right back to the home menu.

3) Get into a game, but disconnect before kickoff.

This has been going on ever since the day it came out and it's getting annoying. I hope to find a fix soon. Any help guys?

Message 9 of 37 (41,904 Views)

FAILED TO START GAME!. Madden 16 online head to head

★★★ Newbie

This is the message I have received since I bought Madden 16 and have tried to play an online head to head match.  What is going here?  Is this problem going to be fixed? This is the main reason I purchased this game.  Please advise

FAILED TO START GAME! AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE STARTING YOU GAME. Madden 16 online head to head

FAILED TO START GAME! AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE STARTING YOU GAME. Madden 16 online head to head

Message 10 of 37 (42,111 Views)