Re: Can't play madden 17 trail

by enabanana2014

Original Post

★★ Novice
I subscribed to EA access yesterday specifically for this. Also preordered madden. Today I cancelled EA access and got my 1 month refund. Good luck to all. EAs QA team should be fired.
Message 151 of 161 (774 Views)

Re: Can't play Madden 17 through EA Access after pre-ordering

★ Novice
I only played trial for 2 hours and it's not even letting me play the other 8 hours got the game preordered digitally all it says is we know you want to play but you're abit early check store for release date
Message 152 of 161 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem man. 3 days have past and there is still no resolution. This is unbelievable. I get EA Access just to play this trial and now its a complete waste. Thanks a lot for pointless frustration. We better be compensated for this BS.

Message 153 of 161 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice

Let me play for 1 and a half hours, and then EA's B.S. once again..

Message 154 of 161 (646 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 155 of 161 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue, I played 7/10 of my trial hours, and I closed the app, shut off my xbox, and went tobed. I went to play the next day and It said I had 3 hours left of my trial. I go to halftime of my Draft Champions game and it cut out and said " You're too early" I know for a fact it didn't take me 3 hours to draft and play one half of a game

Message 156 of 161 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Any update? Game  is scheduled to be released on 23rd. Play First  is useless in this case.

Message 157 of 161 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Andy wrote:

Thanks for the reports everyone.

The Madden team is currently looking into issues with EA Access and Madden 17.

I have merged all separate posts into this one post and will continue to do so, to let us keep everything together.

When we get any kind of update we'll be sure to let you know.

- Andy -

Any update Andy?

*accepting as solution for visibility*

Message 158 of 161 (595 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Don't even attempt to talk to microsoft about it, can you believe this

• I'm here
    10:14 am

• Paolo M
    Just to check, are you referring to the trial version?

• Me
    It doesn't matter which version I click

• Me
    I go through ea access
    10:15 am

• Me
    the store

• Me
    my games and apps (because I already pre-ordered)
  • Paolo M
    what exactly is happening?
  • Me
    it says "you're too early, I know you really want to get started, but check the store for the launch date"
    10:17 am
  • Me
    and gives me the option to either go to the xbox store or cancel
    10:17 am
  • Paolo M
    I see.
    10:21 am
  • Paolo M
    The reason why you're getting an error message its because the launch date of this game will be 8/23/2016.
    10:22 am
  • Paolo M
    And it's possible that you have already consumed the 10 hours early access free trial.
  • Me
    I understand when the launch date is, however I have ea access which gives you 10 hours of playing the game early.
  • Me
    Right I know it updates you as you play Paolo and I still had multiple hours left.
    10:23 am
  • Paolo M
    That's right.
  • Me
    And I'm also not the only person this is happening too. I have spoken to others who have had the same problems
  • Paolo M
    Have you signed out completely from the game before exiting out of the game?
    10:24 am
  • Me
    The only reason I subscribe to EA access is to be able to play Madden 17 a week before it comes out, at this point it comes out tonight. So I want to be reimbursed for not being able to access the content I pay for.
    10:25 am
  • Paolo M
    I understand, and I can see here that you were able to completely access it, however it just happened that there is 10 hours early access free trial,
    10:27 am
  • Paolo M
    And if you failed to exit on the game the 10 hours will be consumed.
    10:28 am
  • Me
    I understand what you are saying
    10:28 am
  • Me
    but that's not the case, I use the xbox everyday I understand how early access for ea works. Like I said I'm speaking with friends that are experiencing the same issue, so I know it's not just me. And to be honest, I don't care if I only got 9 hours and 40 minutes, I would still be here speaking with you because I paid for 10 hours.
    10:30 am
  • Me
    And I did not leave my game open I press the start button and quit each game out of habit simply because it slows the xbox having multiple apps open
    10:31 am
  • Paolo M
    I understand your point, since you just quit out of the game, you should have signed out directly from the game.
    10:34 am
  • Me
    Do you have supervisor?
  • Me
    what kind of customer service is that?
  • Me
    the first thing you do is say that I obviously had my game open and thats what happened?
  • Me
    if you simply google this issue you would see multiple people are dealing with it
    10:35 am
  • Me
    some have even had their game quit mid play after playing for less than an hour
  • Me
    This is ridiculous
  • Paolo M
    I know that this is something you did not expect, I could share you a link and try checking the details about Madden NFL 17 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Play For 10 Hours.
    10:36 am
  • Me
    Like I said can I speak with someone?
    10:37 am
  • Me
    You seem to be confused with my issue
    10:38 am
  • Paolo M
    I respect your decision, however my supervisor will provide the same information.
    10:38 am
  • Me
    So you are neglecting to give me any further information to speak with anyone who can deal with my problem?
    10:39 am
  • Paolo M
    No I'm not, Just setting your expectation.
    10:40 am
  • Me
    this is absolutely ridiculous
  • Me
    I have never even complained or had an issue with microsoft but this is crazy
  • Paolo M
    I understand your request, let me talk this with my supervisor and check what we can do.
    10:42 am
  • Me
    I come to customer service with a problem and you just accuse me of leaving the app open. I'm on my xbox everyday, I understand how it works, and instead of actually trying to understand whats wrong on your guys' end you just say "no you probably just left it open because I can see here it worked at some point for you"
    10:42 am
  • Paolo M
    Allow me 2-3 minutes to check on this.
    10:43 am
  • Me
    I use the xbox daily and play games daily, I am a loyal customer for almost 10 years and I have one problem, and I have to deal with the customer service person that just assumes it's the customers fault
    10:44 am
  • Me
    What's an email or phone line I can use to actually speak with someone who can help me Paolo?
    10:44 am
  • Paolo M
    I can definitely work on this for you, I just need few minutes to discuss this with my supervisor, however if you are comfortable speaking to a representative through phone, I can provide you a number.
    10:47 am
  • Me
    And to think all I wanted a 5 dollar reimbursement for this month because I couldnt play madden early... I'm in awe
    10:47 am
  • Paolo M
    Thanks for waiting, As one time courtesy I can go ahead and process a refund for the game.
    10:50 am
  • Me
    What are you re-funding exactly?
    10:51 am
  • Paolo M
    The game itself.
    10:51 am
  • Me
    Which is how much? And so I will not be able to play the game when it is released?
    10:52 am
  • Paolo M
    89.99 USD will be refunded and have it repurchased on full version will be released 8/23.
    10:53 am
  • Me
    what?
    10:54 am
  • Me
    how is that helpful?
    10:55 am
  • Me
    I want the game
  • Paolo M
    That's the option we can provide.
  • Me
    Now you are saying you will pay me my 90 dollars back so I can buy it again later tonight for no reason? When all I wanted was my monthly subscription to ea access reimbursed...
    10:56 am
  • Paolo M
    If you like we can just cancel your EA access, since it's showing that its not yet paid, it's till pending.
    10:59 am
  • Me
    Just refund the game, I would rather just go and give that money to best buy or gamestop.
    11:01 am
  • Paolo M
    Just to remind you, the EA access renew every 22 of the month, and the account will be billed every 14 of the month.
    11:04 am
  • Paolo M
    So if ever I will cancel the EA access subscription today, it's an assurance that you will not be billed on 09/14.
    11:05 am
  • Me
    Just to remind you you could have just reimbursed me the 5 dollars 30 minutes ago and we would be done.
    11:06 am
  • Paolo M
    The 5 USD is not yet charged on the account, it will be billed on the 14 of September.
    11:07 am
  • Me
    okay Paolo just finish up here
  • Paolo M
    anything else?
  • Paolo M
    Here's the reference # for this transaction,1352175012.
    11:08 am
  • Me
    did u refund the game?
    11:09 am
  • Paolo M
    Alright, I 'll refund it, hold on.
    11:09 am
  • Me
    So you didn't even do that!?
    11:10 am
  • Me
    thanks for all your help this has been great
  • Me
    forget it
  • Me
    I wll call on the phone and spend the next 2 hours with someone else
  • Me
    gotta love microsoft
  • Paolo M
    Do I still need to process the refund?
    11:11 am
  • Me
    God forbid you would have to do a little work there huh Paolo?
    11:12 am
Message 159 of 161 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I bought this game to play and now I can't even play it. I was in the last game to enter to win the super bowl tickets and it kicked me off and recorded it as a lose.
Message 160 of 161 (651 Views)