Re: A player paused a head to head match and won't resume it

by bradlalb123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A player paused a head to head match and won't resume it

★★★ Newbie

the player paused the game and won't resume it and it's been around 30 minutes, i tried messaging him and he won't answer. This is mt super bowl and I don't want to quit

Message 1 of 41 (62,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

*Update* 7/28/20: Locking thread. It's from 2015, please create a new post if you want to discuss any similar findings from a recent Madden title

Please do not post names of suspected cheaters or abusers. To report them, please use the in-game and platform specific features.

Here is how to report cheating for Madden: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Madden 20 forum

AHQ Rules

Don't bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:

• Personal defamation
  • Gossiping about other people
  • Harassment
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 41 (57,819 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@davidwle2014

If you suspect a player may be playing unfairly you can use the steps detailed at the following link to report them.

https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-report-cheating

barry.png
Message 2 of 41 (62,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or you could fix your game because this happens to me whenever anyone pauses then I sit here for * hours waiting for nothing 

Message 3 of 41 (60,777 Views)

Community Manager

Which Madden title are you playing, @bradlalb123?

In recent Madden titles like Madden 19, each player can only pause the game a specific amount of times. Each pause also includes a timer until the game is forced to resume again. Older Madden titles did not have this and based off community feedback it was implemented to deter this type of behavior.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 41 (60,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Double check that
Message 5 of 41 (60,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, and if I exit, I lose the game. This is straight up bs, I’m legitimately mad because their should be some type of code preventing this. Seems pretty unfair, and cost me an important game. Madden - fix this. 

Message 6 of 41 (60,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I waited over an hour in Madden 19. The time span should definitely not be that long. Should only allow one minute - If I wanted a super casual game, I wouldn’t play live.
Message 7 of 41 (60,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your company is awful at just about everything and you go around and act as if you care about the community but we all know you’re just a cash grabbing company. The only reason we play is because there aren’t other football games out there. I have been in a game where a guy has been paused for over an hour and he has not been forced to resume or been kicked or anything. It is madden 19 also so don’t act like this only happens to old games. please do something to improve your game for once.

Message 8 of 41 (59,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It has happened to me twice today and it is really annoying. My record suffers. notorious dog-q did it to me. 

Message 9 of 41 (58,891 Views)

★★ Novice

This still happens in madden 20 and the worst thing is it's a top 100 player smh..they messaged me saying they are off playing xbox one while I'm waiting for them to resume...has happened multiple times this year especially in weekend league...please do something about this.

Message 10 of 41 (55,392 Views)