Re: want delete origin account . How ?

by MrGetem5

Original Post

Anonymous
This is NONSENSE.

When I went to help.ea.com, the page pushed in my face the MISLEADING option named "Manage your account", where there's not even a hint at account termination.

When I finally figured out that I had to follow the "Contact us" link (which was FAR FROM OBVIOUS,) it took me to a page that finally presented me with some relevant options. Choosing "My Account", then "Delete account", then clicking on "Select contact option" (which is the only obvious thing to do) took me to a screen that recommended the support option of, quote, "Sorry, No Channels are Available". I have tried this at least five times by now, with the same result every time.

Thus, EA is essentially telling me that they REFUSE to terminate my account, for NO REASON whatsoever.

All of this makes for an outrageously humiliating experience, completely contrary to all the claims about how seriously EA takes us all, how helpful EA support is, how easy it is to terminate an account, and all such bosch that abounds on EA-sponsored forums.

Quite strikingly, it also goes contrary to "solutions" suggested by, quote, a "COMMUNITY MANAGER".

In short, not only are you pissing us off -- us, your users -- to the extent that we want to be done once and for all with your phony profiteering, but you're also making it (thus far) impossible for us to shake you off our backs, and you're slithering around the issue with ridiculously false statements.

I have already sent a very clear message that demands the immediate termination of my account, to which I have no reply so far. As I'm already considering legal action, I'd appreciate any suggestions from anyone else dealing with the same issue.
Message 21 of 32 (3,844 Views)

Community Manager

This is not something which we can help with on AHQ @Anonymous.

If you would like your account to be deleted then you will need to speak to our live support. If you are unable to schedule a callback or chat then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 22 of 32 (3,836 Views)

Anonymous
"This is not something which we can help with on AHQ @Anonymous."

Obviously, that doesn't keep you from giving dysfunctional advice like "You can contact our live support at help.ea.com." (and no, we obviously can't.)

"If you would like your account to be deleted then you will need to speak to our live support."

I don't know what you mean by "live" or "support" -- like I already explained, there's no one there to speak to, dead or alive, and I haven't been able to obtain one bit of "support" as yet.

"If you are unable to schedule a callback or chat ..."

No particular resource on the EA site outlines in sufficient detail a procedure for so doing that would actually correspond to reality. There are only vague and sloppy hints by seemingly well-meaning but otherwise ill-informed associates, that don't quite work.

"... then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, ..."

So now I have to jump through another hoop -- Skype or Google Voice, is this right?

First, how is this piece of instruction substantially different from any previous advice on account termination out there that didn't quite work in practice? I mean, you already sent us off to help.ea.com to "contact ... live support", and it didn't work, because "support" was dead as a doornail -- but now you're telling me VoIP will work, definitely maybe.

Second, are you telling me that I need to incur PHONE CALLING CHARGES in order to terminate my account?

"... it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also."

That probably would have worked just as much as any other legendary advice that I've heard on the subject so far, but I actually tried to do that even before posting here, and guess what -- EA doesn't seem to know about my location Wink

"The UK support number is +44 203 0141818 and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday."

I don't care what the UK (or any other) support number is, because I'm not speding one goddamn cent on this *. I consider e-mail a perfectly good medium for laying out in perfect clarity any information EA may need in order to terminate my account, and so will any court out there.
Message 23 of 32 (3,871 Views)

Community Manager

I am only trying to help @Anonymous.

If you are unable to set up a chat or call back then I presented you with the next best option. As you are requesting an account deletion then I am sorry to say but that is not something which can be done over email. In order to request an account deletion, you will need to verify ownership of the account during a live contact.

If you follow the steps above you should be able to schedule a callback or chat, I tested it just there and had no issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 24 of 32 (3,859 Views)

Anonymous
"I am only trying to help @Anonymous."

I might have bought this earlier @EA_Darko, but I'm starting to have doubts Wink

So far:

1) There is not one piece of advice of yours that has worked for me
2) You've dismissed my claims instead of addressing the problem that I am reporting
3) You have failed to explain what was wrong with doing things the way I did them
4) You've pushed to me options that would require me to spend money
5) You have failed to provide any kind of instructions that can be carried out literally, without guessing

Hardly anyone would call this helpful, and it's not easy to see how you're even "trying." At the same time, you never cease telling me that everything works just fine -- so it looks more like you're here not to help anyone, but simply to make EA look good. If this is indeed the case, then you have a tough task on your hands, because it is readily evident from the exchange on this thread that mostly anyone who has come here for help, have *not* had their issue solved (despite how the thread is marked.)

"As you are requesting an account deletion then I am sorry to say but that is not something which can be done over email. In order to request an account deletion, you will need to verify ownership of the account during a live contact."

Funny enough, my bank is able to confirm my identity over e-mail for even more complicated transactions than this. But then, a bank is nowhere nearly as "serious" as EA, I suppose...

"If you follow the steps above you should be able to schedule a callback or chat, I tested it just there and had no issues."

You could really use a dictionary, pal. There is nothing in your suggestions that can be called "steps", much less anything that anyone reading that could actually "test".

I have tried (like many others) to guess what EA's vague account termination instructions mean, and I have posted, in sufficient detail, my experience of following those instructions. *This* is something that can be called "steps", and *this* is something that can be "tested" -- and you have failed to explain why this procedure has gone wrong for me, obviously preferring to keep throwing dust in my eyes instead.
Message 25 of 32 (3,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They tell you to chat with a support person yet when you do you wind up waiting 2 hours for one just to get sent to a support team that doesnt even respond back ea is such bs and needs to get their * together big time 

Message 26 of 32 (3,710 Views)

Anonymous

hopw do i do that i didnt want one in the first place can you help sir please 

Message 27 of 32 (3,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bought the game has someone’s else’s information I’m trying to put my information in delete it

Message 28 of 32 (3,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@13mcdoke was the problem solved?
Message 29 of 32 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow. So, false advertising for a trial for Mac, and then no way to easily cancel the account? Can't see a reason to do business with this company.

Message 30 of 32 (2,443 Views)