Re: iPad / iOS / Android General Discussion Thread

by hannanehme

Original Post

★★ Pro

@samsongrape wrote:

They are in packs now!

TOTS16 Hummels + TOTS15 Boateng must be the best pair of central defenders in the game.

I finally got some time to try out the BPL TOTS gold cards (except Ozil), and all of them are awesome.

Vardy is very solid and can score almost everywhere in the box.

Payet is very good at corners and freekicks, I had him having 3 assists from corners in one game.

Smalling is arguably the best BPL defenders in the game.

Completely agree with Boating and Hummels although was hoping Hummels pace was going to be a bit higher. 

Maybe it's just me and while there are a few interesting new additions to pick up and play with, overall I am a bit disappointed with this Bundes League TOTS offerring. Granted the Lewa, Auba, Hummels, Muller cards are nice cards realistically none of these cards outside of Auba and Hummels offers anything to upgrade my Bundes League team with. 

I was really bummed that Alaba didn't make the TOTS. Not sure I really understand this decision. He basically held the Bayern defense together all by himself this season due to the Boateng injuries. 

What's the chances that he makes the EA TOTS which I think will be one of the last ones released? I was saving coins and packs to make a run at getting the best version of Alaba and now it seems like I may be left holding these coins with no one special to spend them on outside of possibly a couple of La Liga upgrades, but looking at the first couple of TOTS's not sure there is going to be much to hold out for with the LA Liga offerings either. 

Maybe at minimum hopefully there will be a few BB cards come back into the market as more of these teams are released and I can go after the two or three I am missing. 

Oh Yeah one more thing, I was a little surpriosed with the choice of D. Costa. Again decent card but did he really deserve TOTS? Seems like kind of a stretch to me as he was kind of up and down all season. I'll take it but just not sure it was the best choice. 

Oh well guess I'll make the best of it and have fun with some of the new offereings. Ultimately just happy to have TOTS period vs. the original plan to not make it available to us at all. 

Personally I love 82 - 92 rated TOTS cards more than those top ones, as they always give me some new game experience (of course without handicapping... haha)

TOTS Hernandez is one of the best 10 strikers I have tried in the game. His pace and shooting are just amazing.

Another nice addition to my squad is TOTS Baumgartlinger, he is a very solid CDM/CM.

Another good point. Man you guys are all on your games today with the comments. ShockedLarge smile

Completely agree with Chicharito. That one was a huge surprise for me and is a very strong card. I packed him and inserted him into my Bundes squad and he can score from anywhere. Solid pace overall very pleased with this card. 

Message 18881 of 19,358 (1,009 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Ok so read about Chicharito's card quality in the thread...so I got to the market and picked him up for a whooping 50K...all I can say is WOW! Paired him with TOTS Auba in a 4-4-2 formation...that was most fun I had with a squad in a while, mobile, can score from anywhere...very cool...worth every coin....

Have a great night everyone! Standard smile

Message 18882 of 19,358 (962 Views)

★ Guide

Just came back today, I have a few questions:

Is 7.5k pack the best method of opening TOTS (aside from buying)

Are the BPL TOTS still available or just the Bundesliga atm?

Why are some players (like Vardy and Aguero) rated more than console?

Thanks, and may your pack luck be better than mine (surely it can, spent 500k on 7.5k packs and got one discard price inform) 

Message 18883 of 19,358 (901 Views)

★★ Pro

@DarthdanyFTW wrote:

Just came back today, I have a few questions:

Is 7.5k pack the best method of opening TOTS (aside from buying)

Are the BPL TOTS still available or just the Bundesliga atm?

Why are some players (like Vardy and Aguero) rated more than console?

Thanks, and may your pack luck be better than mine (surely it can, spent 500k on 7.5k packs and got one discard price inform) 

@DarthdanyFTW

I believe many have had some luck with 7.5k packs but I still think your best bet are the 400k packs. At least from my experience I have much better luck typically I will get either an inform or special card on average in nearly each opening. Worst case I get something in every other pack. That said it is a lot of coins to spend. Most of the packs I open also are stored free packs and they seem to produce fairly well. Not sure if the paid packs are any better but at times I think if you spend coins on them it seems to me the luck is often better. But unfortunately my thoughts aren't based in any statistical studies. 

As far as the BPL squad goes I am almost sure they are no longer available so you will need to get them from the marketplace. Good thing is many are still very affordable. I think they were out as of yesterday. All packs I have opened in the last day have only provided Bundes League TOTS.

Not sure why the mobile cards are rated higher but they have been almost all year as far as I can recall. I think it has to do with this being the second season and due to the ratings of previous cards being rated higher than what's available on console. 

Hope your luck improves.

Message 18884 of 19,358 (854 Views)

★ Pro

After 21 days of not having proper access to the game, I've finally received a new device today. Tried out a few players:

TOTS Vardy: Really impressed me. Strong upgrade from his other cards, incredibly fast.

TOTS Mahrez: Didn't get involved in the game too much at RF. On the ball he felt rapid however he was not effective as TOTS Sanchez.

TOTS Smalling: Up there with the best CBs in the BPL. Strong and fast.

TOTS Bellerin: Love this card. Unlike most pacy full backs, Bellerin in strong defensively. Also makes the occasional run into the box. 

and Finally

The long awaited TOTS Hummels: 

The first thing I did after accessing Fifa 15 NS for the first time in 3 weeks was go onto the market and purchase TOTS Hummels. I've enjoyed using Hummels from fifa 14, (However in Fifa NS, his lack of pace got exposed frequently). Hence, I expected this TOTS card to rectify this issue. I paired him up with Boateng. In that game TOTS Boateng was MOTM and made triple  the amount of tackles that Hummels made, (Boateng's pace allowed him to reach the attacker before Hummels was remotely close). Hummels lack of pace made me concede 2 goals in that game. It did  get better. He was able to keep strikers such as Lewandowski and Ibrahimovic in his pocket, (His defensive and passing skills are out of this world). 

In short, Hummels strength, tackling and heading are really good. His pace still feels the same as before, (Feels like 60). It's hard to justify paying such a high price for a CB when players like Boateng or Naldo have the same defensive skills with much better pace. 

Message 18885 of 19,358 (702 Views)

★★ Pro

Well I have found this years version of last years TOTS Van Beek, 

TOTS Kabasele 74 (keeps squad rating down)

L/H Workrates

83 Pace

88 Strength

I am not as good as most of you, so I need my CB to not get too far away from their GK.

Message 18886 of 19,358 (641 Views)

★★ Pro

Here are my five TOTS hidden or underused gems

CB-Kabasele 74

CAM-Ziyech 87

CM-Kayal 74

ST-Hernandez 89 (not hidden, but underused considering all the Lewandowski and Aubameyang teams)

RM-Mkhitaryan 92(another underused card considering all the Costa and Robben teams)

Message 18887 of 19,358 (635 Views)

★★ Pro

One of the TOTS I was so disappointed with was TOTS Kante.  How does EA give him M/M workrates?  From what I have seen from Leicester he is all over the field all the time.  I was hoping he was going to be a supercharged Ramires.  Maybe others opinions are different, but I don't think he is substantially better than Ramires.  

Message 18888 of 19,358 (625 Views)

★★ Pro

@GKDTAlexander wrote:

One of the TOTS I was so disappointed with was TOTS Kante.  How does EA give him M/M workrates?  From what I have seen from Leicester he is all over the field all the time.  I was hoping he was going to be a supercharged Ramires.  Maybe others opinions are different, but I don't think he is substantially better than Ramires.  

I find Kante to be really effective at CDM. He is in the right place and the right time, strong physical presence and nice passing. He's actually been one of my more pleasant surprises. Though we all definitely look for different attributes in players. I have no use for Hummels, for example, while others clearly love and value him highly. I like the Hernandez card, though he certainly doesn't eclipse the top cards from either Auba or Lewa at ST for me (or Muller for that matter). I have had limited effectiveness with him for online use. The increased physical of Muller, otoh, has really improved that card, imo.
Message 18889 of 19,358 (614 Views)

★★ Pro

This Liga NOS TOTS was a pleasant surprise.  I had enjoyed playing earlier in the year with a Liga NOS that had several nice IF's.  Slimani is the closest thing to FIFA 14 Mandzukic.  For those who didn't play FIFA 14, crossing and heading were really OP that year.  

Message 18890 of 19,358 (464 Views)