Original Post

Youth players do not look like they are from the countries I scout

★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? OUFC_Matt
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Scout for youth players
What happens when the bug occurs? When scouting for youth players the game brings back players that look nothing like typical people from that nation. For example Japanese looking players from Portugal, European looking players from Nigeria. This is definitely possible but the game produces these players far too often to be realistic.
What should be happening instead? Youth players should look like they are from the country I scout most of the time.

The process for selecting how youth players look was fine in previous FIFA games.

Message 1 of 24 (9,066 Views)

Career mode - Youth Scoutng Countries

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? MykyD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on career mode send scout to somewhere like China and wait till he returns with scout report
What happens when the bug occurs? In career mode sent youth scout to China when he returns with report none of the models for the players scouted are Asian/Chinese there either Caucasian/Black or Latin models
What should be happening instead? Getting actual models that look like somebody who would originate from China I've never seen a ginger Caucasian person named Hsu Xiao

Picture of players that are on scout report from China

Message 2 of 24 (9,008 Views)

Bugged youth academy player appearances in career mode - FIFA 19

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? snadderp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Scout youth academy players from various countries in career mode
What happens when the bug occurs? More often than not, the appearance of the scouted players will not at all resemble their nationality. For example: Japanese players almost all look Caucasian, English players almost all look African, South African players are almost all white and Italian players look Asian. On top of this, there is far less variety in youth academy player appearance than in FIFA18. This cannot be intentional and should be very easy to fix. The player appearances were generated perfectly in FIFA 18. It really ruins the immersion and fun of playing career mode for me. You will find reddit is full of people talking about this issue as well: www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/
What should be happening instead? Scouted youth academy player appearances should resemble their nationality for more often

The appearance of the scouted players in FIFA 19 manager career mode will not at all resemble their nationality. For example: Japanese players almost all look Caucasian, English players almost all look African, South African players are almost all white and Italian players look Asian. On top of this, there is far less variety in youth academy player appearance than in FIFA18. This cannot be intentional and should be very easy to fix. The player appearances were generated perfectly in FIFA 18 and it really ruins the immersion and fun of playing career mode for me. You will find reddit is full of people talking about this issue as wel: www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/ 

Message 3 of 24 (9,113 Views)

Re: Bugged youth academy player appearances in career mode - FIFA 19

★★★★★ Newbie
This problem also applies to generated players on other teams. If you simulate a few seasons in career mode and then search for players from India, for example, you'll see a bunch of generated white players.
Message 4 of 24 (9,101 Views)

Youth players faces

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Djinnn14
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a youth scout to any asian country
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure it's a bug but 90% of the youth players that come back from Asian countries are Caucasian.
What should be happening instead? Majority of the players from Asian countries should be Asian.

This should be an easy thing to fix I'd think. Again, not 100% sure it's a bug but it's something that me and a lot of other career mode players are having an issue with. Obviously there are a few non-Asian people in Asian countries but I'd say around 90% of the youth players who come back aren't Asian and that just isn't realistic. It's probably worth looking into if this happens for other continents too.

Message 5 of 24 (9,008 Views)

Re: Youth players do not look like they are from the countries I scout

★★★ Novice

I have a Japanese looking Spanish Goalie, and 95%+ of players my scouts find in England are Black, I also have a Ginger Korean. 

It also seems FIFA thinks England only has about 10 surnames. too. 

Message 6 of 24 (8,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aidan

I can confirm that. If you send out scouts Asian player models look caucausian. Players from Portugal and Mexiko and whole South America look mainley caucasian with some asian looking players.

Moreover players from african countries where you can't scout youth players e.g. Kongo are all looking caucasian. BTW the few countries in Africa where you can send your scout to search players give expected results, so this sees to be a problem with non scoutable countries but also affects carribbean players which are generated like Trinidad or Antigua. They all look caucasian bzt they names seem to be realistic so it's mainly a bug with player models. That's a pity because that worked better in previous games.

Greets

Message 7 of 24 (8,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is getting ridiculous. This is simply a matter of changing the probability of generating certain faces or even simply switching European countries for Asian ones. I can't believe I spent so much money for a career mode that is significantly less realistic than it was last year. EA can make unnecessary changes to Ultimate Team daily but are making switching a few numbers in the game code seem like they're trying to build an atomic bomb.

Message 8 of 24 (7,974 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this going to be fixed it happens in Ecuador Colombia Bolivia all white no Hispanic looking players or black it's a real pain 

Message 9 of 24 (7,891 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA is actively trying to get people off of career mode so they will go to fut and start dishing out extra money. That's why they haven't updated career in 10+ years and have actually started to break aspects of the mode.

Unfortunately, these issues won't be addressed because they want you to hate it.

Sorry my dude

Message 10 of 24 (7,877 Views)