Youth Squad Players Ageing from 16/17 to 56/57 after Editing.

by Sindrey

Original Post

Re: Youth Squad Players Ageing from 16/17 to 56/57 after Editing.

★★★ Novice
PSN ID: aedit518
PLATFORM: PS3

SEASON: Starts when game year turns to 2016, but ONLY with players aged 16 at that time (i.e. ONLY players with birth year equal to or after year 2000.)

The glitch happens immediately after and ONLY after a player is edited (shirt untucked, boots changed, etc). THE KEY is that when a player is edited whose birth year would be equal to or after 2000, the glitch occurs and his birth year is reset to 1960.

For example, player A is 16 years old and edited in 2016 and becomes 56, player B is 17 years old and edited in 2020 and becomes 60. The new age given to the player is equivalent to his birth year being reset to 1960, and this is the case EVERY TIME.

This should be easy to fix the system to recognize birth years in the 2000s. Please fix as this almost completely ruins the playability of career mode.
Message 41 of 63 (32,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also have the same problem, plus a not so annoying problem where my youth players have a weird name and are all mostly black no matter what part of the world they are from.
Message 42 of 63 (32,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PSN id: emnembee

platform:  PS3

season:  2019, first started 2017

So far only happens when editing players under 18 that I acquired  via redeeming "scout future star" feature.

Message 43 of 63 (32,678 Views)

★★ Novice

After a 20 min * session to EA Support they still are "being made aware" of this issue. And will "report it personally" 

They assured me they will fix it, but have no guarantee on timeline...

So maybe by FIFA 16'...

Message 44 of 63 (32,563 Views)

★ Novice
I think theyve patched it now, because I only have this problem on my career with 29th Agust squads. It is annoying though, all I want to do do is untuck their shirts and give them some Nike's instead of Warrior! I found that u have to do it in the season after their 18th Birthdays though, because I changed this regen's boots on his 18th but he still turned 57! It first happened on my pre-may experimental player, who had 5* skill moves!!! So annoying, at least they fixed it though. Let's hope FIFA 16 is finished by the time they release it, unlike this year's game which wasn't finished and was ea's buggiest game ever...
Message 45 of 63 (32,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay so we know that when you edit a player born in the year 2000 or beyond, their date of birth resets to 1960. This is clearly the problem and it didn't happen in FIFA 14 so it's obviously an easy fix which EA should have done soon after the game was released. Alas they didn't, and now I doubt they will as the release of FIFA 16 isn't too far away...

This glitch doesn't stop when the players are well into their twenties either; in my career mode I tried to edit a regen who is now 24 years old... after that he became 64 years old :/

However I did once manage to get a player off that glitch somehow. I started out at Queretaro in the Mexican league and I set up a scouting network and got lucky in the second season. I found a guy with 88-94 potential and I promoted him when he was 16, edited him and observed the glitch turned him into a 56 year old. However, I saved before I edited him so I just loaded up that savegame and continued the career without editing. I then left Queretaro the next season to go to Guadalajara but my youth player was still at Queretaro. I decided not to sign him because of the ugly boots and low socks, a couple of seasons later and he's attracting interest from Man Utd. Next thing I know he's been transferred to Man U (I had nothing to do with the transfer). I just decided to see if when I edited him now, would the same thing happen? Well I edited him and then checked his age and it had actually remained the same! I had previously tried to edit him after I'd gone to Guadlajara and he was still at Queretaro but it had still glitched out.

So somehow this transfer essentially 'fixed' the player's DOB and I could edit him freely as if he was a legit player not fictional. When I have bought fictional players from other clubs or sold them and then tried to edit them, it still glitches.

SOLUTION: A completely computer generated transfer seems to remove the glitch from the player so the best thing to do would be to wait until the player has an overall of above 75, then do a swap deal for a rubbish player in a poor second division team and wait for a big club to buy that player from the second division team. Although this could take a couple of seasons and you will have to pay a lot of money to a big club to get the player back, you should still be able to get the player at around 80 overall, with their best years ahead of them. And the best part is you will be able to edit them as much as you want!

Message 46 of 63 (31,957 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. I just started the 2021/2022 season and I decided to change the boots and untuck the shirts of my youth players and they turned 60 and 61 years old. It sucks because I didn't realize that until after I saved, so my career is pretty much ruined.

Message 47 of 63 (31,824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Truly shame. I have bought the new FIFA 16 for Xbox 360 and believe or not.....THE SAME BUG!!!!!!, Youth players age from 16/17 to 56/57 after editing, it's the same old *. EA laugh in front of our faces and repeat the bug. I cannot believe it. Possibly they will not waste a minute for fix any problem in our old 360 consoles because they put their efforts in the new Xbox one only.

TRULY SHAME

Message 48 of 63 (31,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I completely agree.... What a waste of money....I'm temped not to buy FIFA 16.... Coz this is stupid.
Message 49 of 63 (31,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Joshuawilliams06
Xbox 360
Season 2016-2019 is how far I have got with this problem
It happens as soon as you edit a player in carter mode.
They seem not to have this age glitch if they are not edited. (However everyone edits there players! Especially young ones. It's creates realistic game play)

Every player I've edited it's happened to.

It has decked my gaming experience....
Message 50 of 63 (31,577 Views)