Original Post

You have recently negotiated a new contract with this player

★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? skyhook6shooter
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When trying to renew players contracts, it will come up with a message saying, "you have recently negotiated a new contract with this player.."
What happens when the bug occurs? When this occurs it will not allow you to resign that player to your club. In my specific career mode, I am about to lose ten players due to this. Including the future stars I have used for a Mansfield Town career.
What should be happening instead? It should allow contract negotiations and show a new contract has been completed

I hadn't played career mode in quite a while due to this issue in the first place and hoped it would be fixed by now. This bug makes career mode literally unplayable, as for example from my Mansfield Town career, I have used two future star purchases from the catalogue and I'm now one month away from losing the best player in my club. I simulated to the point when he becomes a free agent and even then I cannot resign him.

I found a article by Yazeedalgh, which was posted in October last year presenting the exact same issue, yet it has still not been resolved. I imagine that this does not affect everyone but for those who it does, it completely cuts off a game mode within FIFA 18.

Message 1 of 2 (755 Views)

Re: You have recently negotiated a new contract with this player

Community Manager (retired)

@skyhook6shooter

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll make sure to pass it along to the team to be looked into.

-Aido

Message 2 of 2 (693 Views)