September 2015 - last edited September 2015 by EA_Barry
Haven't discovered anything, found it there:
"These are the steps I used to get 21x9 working in both FIFA 15 and the FIFA 16 demo. For the FIFA 16 demo just replace fifa15.exe with fifa16_demo.exe. I am guessing the process works with the full version of FIFA 16 when it comes out.
1) Download HxD for your language from [Removed - Admin.]. I use the portable version so I do not have to install it.
2) Extract the program from the zip file.
3) Go to your FIFA 15 install folder and make a backup copy of fifa15.exe
4) Run HxD.exe and open up fifa15.exe
5) Click on Search then Replace in the menu
6) Enter "39 8E E3 3F" in "Search for" and "8E E3 18 40" for 3440x1440 or "26 B4 17 40" for 2560x1080 in "Replace with"
7) Change "Datatype" to "Hex-values" and click "Replace all"
8) Save your changes and you should be good to go.
9) If you have issues replace the fifa15.exe file with the backup you made in step 3
posted on posted on wsgf forum by bdjace"
Good luck and enjoy the game.
Solved! Go to Solution.
September 2015 - last edited September 2015
Fix your god damn game before forbidding people fixing your game themselves! Fool!!
Same error here,
FIFA 14 worked perfectly with widescreen and even eyefinity/surround support
This problem was present in FIFA 15 and has not been fixed by FIFA 16.
The listed solution does not seem to work with the full game anymore,
And I now have to use Cheat engine to fix the black bars.
I feel as though the game is deliberately being gimped on the PC platform and EA are not fixing the issue which has been present, and reported in the last title.
The fix is a simple hex edit,
Provide official support in a hotfix patch ASAP or this will be the last FIFA title I will purchase.
How does Cheat engine work to get rid of the black bars in Fifa 16. For the demo the original solution worked perfectly, but no longer. I am desperate to fix it! I'm after 2560x1080.
Please regard me as an idiot. I have downloaded the file, loaded it, pressed F3, launched Fifa 16 (also done the other way around, launch 16 and press F3) but i still get black bars. What is your way of doing it?