Player Career Mode

by FatBuds1984

Original Post

Player Career Mode

★ Novice

I feel a need to post this as my time buying FIFA titles may be coming to an end. Having bought my first FIFA game in 1995 it is a sad but inevitable parting of company. Having continued to support EA's Premier European franchise for 25 years I actually feel like it is time to end this abusive relationship. 

What will it take for me to continue to part with my hard earned money as the third decade of purchase approaches? Well I don't want much I just want an improved single player career mode. I know I am not alone on this and there have been many posts I'm sure regarding the subject. But here are a list of improvements I'd like to see! 

• Improved immersion - why am I starting off my career picking how I want to train myself? Surely that is why clubs hire coaches? Shouldn't this be determined for me? In order to help me become the best version of myself. 
  • Improved loan system - If I am 16 and beginning my career at Manchester City for example, my stats are low and I have no first team experience. Why am I displacing Sergio Aguero or Kevin De Bruyne in the starting line up? This is where I should be sent out on a few short term or 1 long term loan to a club that will give me game time. And then my progress reviewed when I return to my parent club. Experience is just as valuable as potential and ability.
  • Improved transfer system - its been a few seasons now. I have progressed to a world class player with some room for improvement. Yet nobody seems interested in acquiring my talents! Surely this 87 rated English midfielder playing in the Korean K League is starting to make waves in the top clubs scouting departments. 
  • Starting stats you control! - On what planet does every player above 6ft 2 run slower than mollases and any player smaller than 6ft get knocked around like a cinco de mayo piñata. If we are given for example 100 stats at character creation we can create truly custom characters like Peter Crouch sized men who run like Ronaldo but have a 50p shaped forehead making heading impossible! Or a diminutive slow guy capable of putting the ball on said 50p head from 100 yards!
  • Stamina - let's just get this out of the way, stamina drain is ridiculous in fifa 21. Its as if you spent last night drinking with George Best, the morning being amorous with a lovely young lady afflicted with nymphomania and smoked a 20 deck on the way to the pitch. Let's go for a bit of realism chaps.
  • International tracking - this has bugged me for years! Why are our international careers not tracked? Or acknowledged in any meaningful way? Goals, assists, caps should all be tracked and referenced. Here is the leading scorer in the history of English Football - no its not you Jamie Charagher calm down. 
  • Can we have all the rules please? - Handball shouldn't be optional! It is a major part of the sport and yet isn't seen as essential in the game. Bizarre. Also, where is the back pass rule? I'm tired of seeing Sergio Ramos pick out his keeper with an astonishing 7 yard overhead kick only for said keeper to catch the ball and set up the counter. Let's be normal EA.
  • Female careers - lets not let the introduction of the female sport be a token gesture! Let's get the world's top leagues in the game and have a career option for the growing number of young ladies and fans of the ladies game to enjoy.
  • Fix the sim - as it stands if you simply a game after your player has left the pitch with a respectable 9.5 rating, you actually achieve a 4 or 5 rating. Why? Who did I offend on my way to the bench!? Have I done unspeakable things to the match officials dog? The actual need for stats to track seems to have been fixed apart from completed matches which still doesn't trigger the accomplishment.
  • Youth, u-21, u-23, reserves - they exist in every club so why oh why do I have to make my first team debut with out ever having kicked a ball in anger, I heard you say! 
  • Trials - a better way to start a career is trial days! Watched by scouts from various clubs, who give you an option of say 3 or 4 routes in to the game. Don't like them? No problem there's another trial day in Paris in 3 weeks and I believe Real Madrid and Motherwell have sent their scouts! 
  • Agents - what does my agent do? I give him his 10% and he just sends me an email every now and then telling me I did well. Well thanks you con artist but im paying for a service. Promote my brand or I'll give your 10% to Oxfam and have done with you. Agents should be negotiating on your behalf all the time, not happy at your club? Ask your agent to release a story to the media. 
  • Contracts - this will baffle me as long as I live but in a world where footballers are signed to contracts in order to ply their trade for a club why is it not reflected in your player career? No Dundee Utd I dont want a 5 year deal on a grand week! Yes Cardiff I'll take £750 for 1 season while I make a name for myself. Obviously this should include negotiating and clauses.
  • The end of the fountain - why does it seem I am the last dribble of the fountain of youth? There is never a debut from a young player after me at my club! This needs fixing, I cant be the last youth player ever. Who will I manage manage i hang up boots!

I dont think I have mentioned anything ridiculous, its things that in this day and age should have been included in the mode. 

Get it right please EA I have stuck with you through the bad days of FIFA and I didnt even get a reach around. Of you want our abusive relationship to continue I want dinner and a movie!

Message 1 of 1 (242 Views)