Re: PSN Account Linked to Unknown EA Account

by harrydstanton1

Original Post

PSN Account Linked to Unknown EA Account

★★ Apprentice

Hi

Sorry for some reason my last query is showing solved and its not solved.  

My playstation account is linked to a EA account I CAN NOT access. Therefore the link recommended to recover my account isn't a viable route to pursue as there is no account I have knowledge of to recover.  

I need to unlink my PSN account from EA to resolve this.

How can I unlink my PSN account from any associated EA account?

Your customer service sent me here after 2 hours on the phone.  

Paul 

Message 1 of 40 (8,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @harrydstanton1 if your Gamertag is linked to an account that you do not recognise then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 40 (8,725 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Hi

Have you looked yourself to see if that link would help. Lets run through it shall we....

FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? - Not applicable as the account linked isn't mine

CAN'T LOG IN TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS? - Not applicable as the account linked isn't mine and email address isn't mine

THINK YOUR ACCOUNT WAS HACKED? - It's not my EA Account so again not applicable to the issue

IF NONE OF THAT WORKED, CONTACT US
Have this info ready:
The original email address on your EA Account.

Its not my email address!!

Any usernames that are tied to your EA Account, like your EA ID, Xbox Live gamertag, or PlayStation™Network Online ID.

i Only have those!

Any invoice numbers from games you’ve bought through Origin.

Bought nothing.

So therefore that link is useless. Your account recovery team needs a point of contact where its ' can't unlink PSN account'

Please direct me to where i can go to resolve this.

Paul

Message 3 of 40 (8,719 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @harrydstanton1 you need to fill out the account recovery form. There is no other place where you can take your issue. We cannot assist with account-based issues on AHQ and our live support team will need you to fill out the account recovery form.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 40 (8,717 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko I can not fill the form as i don't have the information. I rang your customer sevices spent 2 hours on the phone they sent me here.

This is an issue that needs flagging as unsolvable and amendments need to be made to your link. You need to respond to this not palm it off.

I repeat your customer service sent me here as your form doen't help with this issue
Message 5 of 40 (8,710 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi

I filled this again case number 51416534 asking to UNLINK my PSN account and not in any way access a EA account and I get the generic response below saying you couldn't grant me access to that account.  Do you even read any of these queries.  It also sent me back to you

We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.

If you can get access to your email or share more info, let us know by filling out a new form at help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We know not having access to an account is frustrating. We’re extra cautious because we want all player info to be as safe as possible. Thanks for sticking with 

Message 6 of 40 (8,675 Views)

Community Manager

I'm sorry to say @harrydstanton1 but if you cannot verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to make any changes to or grant you access to the account.

There is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this and the best thing to do is get as much information together and fill out the account recovery form again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 40 (8,671 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Hi

I can verify I own the PSN account. I can not verify I own the EA account its linked to because I don't own it!!!
Message 8 of 40 (8,664 Views)

Community Manager

As I have advised you above @harrydstanton1 there is nothing that we can do on AHQ in relation to this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 40 (8,661 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Then why after 3 hours on the phone did your customer service send me here and why have you sent me to the wrong  place on ea?

Can you actually rather than palm me off try and answer the question. That's your job

Message 10 of 40 (8,659 Views)