Re: [PC] FIFA 15 Sound turning on and off

by bonybola

Original Post

[PC] FIFA 15 Sound turning on and off

★★ Novice

Heya,

I've run into a weird issue and didn't see a fix around, nor did I find anybody with an equal problem.
I tried to play FIFA 15 with my X-Box 360 Controller on the PC, and after around 5 Minutes, the Sound turns on and off in like.. waves (4 seconds on, 4 seconds off, and so on) While the sound is off for 4 seconds my controlls are not working in the menu, while they ARE working when just playing. To reset the sound I have to use my keyboard (press esc. twice for example) - is there a known way to fix this? Did I just miss something?

Cheers,
Iycris

Message 1 of 6 (1,225 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Iycris wrote:

Heya,

I've run into a weird issue and didn't see a fix around, nor did I find anybody with an equal problem.
I tried to play FIFA 15 with my X-Box 360 Controller on the PC, and after around 5 Minutes, the Sound turns on and off in like.. waves (4 seconds on, 4 seconds off, and so on) While the sound is off for 4 seconds my controlls are not working in the menu, while they ARE working when just playing. To reset the sound I have to use my keyboard (press esc. twice for example) - is there a known way to fix this? Did I just miss something?

Cheers,
Iycris

Did you try first to repair FIFA in origin and then rename your computer to lower cases? (at least 5 or 6 letters)

Message 2 of 6 (1,208 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same problem, even in the demo, and i try everything but no luck, fifa 14 works ok.

Message 3 of 6 (1,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried it, did not change anything sadly. Thanks for your reply anyways.

Message 4 of 6 (1,192 Views)

★★ Novice

Well it does not ruin the whole game - which is bug-free other than that for me; but it takes away quite some atmosphere and is REALLY annoying.
Is there any other way to get support than going here? It won't let me contact the EA support.
The game is fine as long as someone uses the keyboard for it, but who does really want that, huh?

Cheers,
Iycris

Message 5 of 6 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me also. I'm finding out it seems like it only happens when I'm playing online, we'll I haven't noticed it when playing local 1v1. What seems to be happening (this is just a guess) is that something else is taking away focus from the game (ie some other Windows activity) because all I have to do to fix it is press on the screen with my mouse in the game, to focus on the game again and it works, sound comes back and controller works in menu again.
I'm trying to fix this issue, troubleshooting but I can't figure it out either. I have no other Windows open when playing. Going to have to go program by program.
I use Skype to talk to my friend, do you use anything like that? We need to put together our heads on this one, unless someone has found something please let me know.
Message 6 of 6 (822 Views)