Re: Keyboard control mess up after plugging in the gamepad

by gidii

Original Post

Keyboard control mess up after plugging in the gamepad

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I'm playing Fifa 15 and I use keyboard. I mapped my key as E: Sprint, W: Pass, Q: Player modifier, C: Finesse Shot, Z: Pace control, A: Shoot, D: Lob pass, etc. Everything works fine. But after I plug in my gamepad (Logitech Dual Action), my keyboard inputs don't work correctly and I can't fix it. The key mapping in the Controller setting is still the same for keyboard but the game receives reverse input: I press E but the game recognize as C, A as D, and vice versa. Last time I had to uninstall and delete everything in My Documents and it becomes normal after reinstalling. But the problem occurs when I plug in my gamepad again. It's very frustrating.:manfrustrated:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (27,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same Issue EA FIXXXXXXX

Message 2 of 9 (27,141 Views)

★ Novice

I found the solution. It's messed up because we change the settings of both keyboard and gamepad. When you play keyboard, reset the settings on Gamepad and the keyboard will be normal. Anyway, * EA for bad customer service

Message 3 of 9 (27,087 Views)

★★ Novice

The only way I have found a way to work around this is

1. Disconnect all controllers except keyboard before launching game.

2. Connect your controllers after you load the profile (or after the "press anykey to start" page ).

Hurray the controllers and keyboard will be treated as seperate by the game

If the above doesn't work, connect an old controller u don't use anymore(if u have) before launching the game, so the keyboard gets linked to that one, just don't use that controller.

YH EA doesn't care enough about us pc players !!

FOUND this to be WORKING in 15, 16 and 17 Demo. Having doubts about buying 17 since the demo had the same bug.

Message 4 of 9 (26,195 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I want to say thank you a lot. Your solution helps me.

Message 5 of 9 (11,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hailubmt1 can you please elaborate more on this. I've been having same problem since I connected x-box controller and all my customized key bindings are messed up. I even compared buttonDataSetup.ini file from FIFA 20 demo and FIFA 20 full copy. They are same but doesn't work as it should in FIFA 20, but on demo copy everything works fine.
Message 6 of 9 (11,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have problem with pass or shooting i've got problem with moving player every key is working normal exept that and when i change mentality tactics to another key player are moving on that key any solution on fifa 20?

Message 7 of 9 (10,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please whats the solution

Message 8 of 9 (7,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Delete the settings file ( for example Settings20230510174822 ) in C:\Users\Dell\Documents\FIFA 19\settings, make sure u back that up. Open the game, it will launch like a new game. Continue filling the profile .To get ur last save start any new career and save it and when u go back to the main menu ur load file will be there.  

Message 9 of 9 (2,112 Views)