How do I unlink my origin and steam

by PULAOPROUD

Original Post

Re: How do I unlink my origin and steam

★★★ Newbie

I unlinked my brothers steam from my EA and had no problems. A rep named Muskan helped me.

The usual disclaimer "When we delete a persona from your account, you will be able to link it to another account, but your in-game progress will not transfer over. That means you’ll lose access to all entitlements, games, memberships or subscriptions, and in-game purchases that are associated with that persona. You will also permanently lose all game progress. If we delete a persona on an account you use to play FIFA, and that persona is still set as active in the web or companion app, you will lose access to the companion and web app entirely on your account. If we delete a persona on an account you use to play Apex Legends, you may have issues with Battle Pass leveling, item unlocks, and other errors. Can you confirm that you would still like to have the persona removed from your account?"

If that doesn't bother you, they will unlink the accounts

Message 31 of 47 (3,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PULAOPROUD SAME WTF
Message 32 of 47 (2,952 Views)

★★ Novice

The support said that they can unlink my steam account from origin. But all my game progress will be deleted. What type of support is that?

Message 33 of 47 (2,937 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

loool thats it best suport in the world i remember his name is deepka

Message 34 of 47 (2,908 Views)

★ Novice

The support warns me that all my progress despite pre linking it to steam or post linking, it will be deleted and I will stay with my base game. Did someone encounter that situation? I told him that it's a nonsense, but he stood on his ground firmly. Then what's the point to de-link account?

Message 35 of 47 (2,653 Views)

★ Novice
It's his statement: "When we delete a persona from your account, you will be able to link it to another account, but your in-game progress will not transfer over. That means you’ll lose access to all entitlements, games, memberships or subscriptions, and in-game purchases that are associated with that persona. You will also permanently lose all game progress. If we delete a persona on an account you use to play FIFA, and that persona is still set as active in the web or companion app, you will lose access to the companion and web app entirely on your account. If we delete a persona on an account you use to play Apex Legends, you may have issues with Battle Pass leveling, item unlocks, and other errors.
Message 36 of 47 (2,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's so * dumb. EA really the * game company when it comes to actually giving a * about their customers. 

Message 37 of 47 (2,347 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just one of the many reasons EA is the most hated company in the world several years in a row.

Message 38 of 47 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I delete the origin account currently linked to steam will I be prompted to link an origin account the next time I play an origin game through steam?

Message 39 of 47 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is what I believe may be my problem. I am stuck in a screen where it says "your accoutn credentials may be expired." and I have had NO luck getting in contact with the customer service. PLEASE HELP

Message 40 of 47 (1,711 Views)