How do I unlink my origin and steam

by PULAOPROUD

Original Post

How do I unlink my origin and steam

★ Apprentice

I accidentally linked the account that has no game on it with my steam instead of linking it to my main account. How do I unlink it. 

Message 1 of 47 (90,800 Views)

Re: How do I unlink my origin and steam

★★★ Novice

Same thing happen to me, support said they couldn't unlink the steam account and then they closed the live chat on me. I also debated deleting the account, but apparently that doesn't even work according to others.

Message 2 of 47 (90,654 Views)

Community Manager

@Spectree8105 @PULAOPROUD 

You can only link one Steam account to one EA Account, so make sure you choose the right EA Account to link to.

Want to unlink your Steam account? Contact us for help.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam

barry.png
Message 3 of 47 (90,593 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry I played some of the game that I bought through steam. Can I still unlink the account even though I have already played the game?
Message 4 of 47 (90,575 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://gyazo.com/adf6131fcf660f54a00ac736843accc0

Support does nothing, this is my 3rd time trying. I already stated that I don't care about the account, its games and its information. I don't understand what else I can do to get the account unlinked

Message 5 of 47 (90,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry Your live chat said they could not help me and I needed to contact steam to unlink the account. So which one is it? Unlink my god damn accounts
Message 6 of 47 (90,320 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TickleMyCIit I asked steam supports and they said I need to find origin. I guess they just can’t unlink our accounts.
Message 7 of 47 (90,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is messed up pretty pissed i cant keep steam closed and play on a separate account

Message 8 of 47 (84,639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I contacted the support for the same reason. I'll see what they say. My problem is that on my origin account fifa ultimate team doesnt work while it works on another account. So I want to unbind it and reconnect it with the origin account it would work on. 

Otherwise I need to go the way of a steam refund 

Message 9 of 47 (84,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TickleMyCIit yeah my guy didnt say that he just said he cant do it. useless scum.
Message 10 of 47 (83,201 Views)