HELP!Loss focus during the game is killing me!!!!

by Stardust-FCB

Original Post

Re: HELP!Loss focus during the game is killing me!!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here!! Literally never used to be an issue! Now all of a sudden, it won't stop happening 

Message 41 of 68 (2,120 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you tried clearing out the license folders like what was suggested in this thread? That seems to be the fix. I haven't had this issue since, and none of the other suggestions from EA actually resolved the issue.

They won't say it's their own platform/client that is the issue, but they will quickly tell you they cannot do anything about the matches you were forced to lose unfairly. What are you gonna do? Go give your money to Konami and PES?

Message 42 of 68 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

"1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe и OriginClientService.exe).

2. Delete all files in 2 folders

"C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

"C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

3. Start Origin again"

This should work for the most/for all, as many have written. last impu.

Message 43 of 68 (2,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi!  I was also super frustrated due to constantly being disconnected due to switch focus error.  I tried all the suggestions; turned off notifications and tried to delete those files listed.  Still no success.  So, up until now, I’ve been able to play with a GeForce gtx 650, which is just below the min requirements, so I decided to upgrade my video card.  Total success.  No more disconnects, and gameplay is so much more enjoyable with the better graphics.  
So, before you lose your mind, consider that your video card may be in need of an upgrade

Message 44 of 68 (2,008 Views)

★★ Novice

It is not the video card

I have upgraded my graphics card on an old Alienware to 1050ti NVIDIA and I get easy 140 fps and it disconnects says I switched focus when I did not!

Then I thought it was my PC so I used on a new Alienware with RTX 2070 Super 8GB i7 processor and it was fine for a while. THEN after an origin update it started to happen again.

What is more frustrating is that EA has a monoply over FIFA license and it seems they do not provide good support at all.

PLEASE FIX

THERE IS CLEARLY A BUG BY FIFA 20 ON WINDOWS WHERE IT SWITCHES FOCUS WITHOUT THE USER OR PC DOING ANYTHING SO IT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED BECAUSE THE GAME IS NOT PLAYABLE FOR LONG PERIODS

Message 45 of 68 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Novice
@sailwest What operating system are you using?
Message 46 of 68 (1,938 Views)

★★ Novice

Windows 10 

Message 47 of 68 (1,919 Views)

★★★ Novice
@sailwest That’s the same op I’m using, and the video card upgrade solved my similar problem. I got the GeForce gtx 1650 Super and my problem went away. I’m sorry yours hasn’t gone away too. Good luck, and may EA step up and provide you some assistance.
Message 48 of 68 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi ALL,

The issue is indeed coming from the Origin Client because after it gets updating automatically, all notifications settings are back on again. So you need to get back into Origin settings and disable all notifications. Just did it on my end it works after disconnecting 4 times in a row due to Alt-Tab out of focus glitch. All the best. 

Message 49 of 68 (1,766 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@cosmincco I had this resolved by clearing out the licenses folder last week. Origin update comes and now the problem is back... amazing "feature" EA!
Message 50 of 68 (1,701 Views)