Re: Fut servers South africa

by MegaShamwari

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fut servers South africa

★ Novice

We have "closed dedicated servers"  in south Africa. We only play amongst fellow South Africans. We are a small community and most of the time I can't find opponents. Please open our servers to rest of the world region or other African regions.  It takes me hours at times to find one opponent. 

Message 1 of 26 (15,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post @Royaltybilal283.

If it is taking a long time to find an opponent then it could be that you are having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (15,599 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post @Royaltybilal283.

If it is taking a long time to find an opponent then it could be that you are having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 26 (15,600 Views)

★ Novice

Trust me...I have done all that. We are a small community and in the higher division,there are no opponents. Please open the servers to the rest of Africa and it will benefit everyone. We can enjoy playing against higher number of opponents and we will find opponents much quicker. This past week, I only played 5 matches online because I could not find opponents and 3 out of the 5 matches was against the same person. 

Message 3 of 26 (15,592 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Dear EA_Darko

you are so wrong with your statement. Right now I am coming from south africa. I tried playing the game there with no success in finding opponents. Now I am back in Germany and i find games in 10 seconds. The Issue is  the servers... or not letting to connect from outside Europe to the servers. How come in Blizzard games I can play normal on european servers?

Anyways the sad part is that EA has a huge office in Johannesburg for game development and sales also XBOX has a huge factory and industry park there, what is the problem just to put an African server there??????

All this trouble shooting you suggesting for connection problems DONT SOLVE THE ISSUE.

Message 4 of 26 (15,581 Views)

Community Manager

Can I ask what game mode you saw this in @MegaShamwari?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 26 (15,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Dear @EA_Darko it is in Futchampions basically in online mode. At the start for the qualifying matches its fine but then to find games in your respective division or even weekend league is totally unplayable from Southern Africa.

Simple reason not enough players and EA does not let them connect to european servers. I experienced it for 3 months working there and trying to get a game.

Then when you contact EA help center you have an Indian guy trying to tell you what avid gamer he is but does not know where south africa is. I am sorry I am sounding bitter and I feel sorry for south aricans or african players who bought the game but can not experience the full game because of the failure of EA to open up the servers for the rest o the world.

How come I play Starcraft or Hearthstone just fine on european servers or LOL or any other game with minimal lag? But i cant play Fifa because it looks you out.

Thanks for understanding and I hope you can bring this issue forward to head office.

Kind Regards
Message 6 of 26 (15,567 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Looks like we dont get an answer to this subject. Dear african players I am feeling sorry for what you have to go through. This game is unplayable in online mode from africa. 

Dear @EA_Darko  if needed I am offering m services to EA to give them the right tips so that these players can participate in FUT Champions. I could not believe it before i had to work there for 3 month and could not get a game in that time. The minute I got back to germany everything was fine.

Message 7 of 26 (15,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lol and this continues until Fifa 20.

I'm almost inclined to start thinking there is other reason for this happening in Africa and I will start getting down list of players experiencing the same and probably start a petition. 

I shuffle between the UK, US and  Nigeria and I know the difference.

Its really really sad how EA has chosen to treat a whole continent.

Message 8 of 26 (15,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe EA need to confirm if there is are servers in South Africa for those playing FIFA online more especial FUT .  I bought early access and Fifa20 thinking I will have great experiences and fun but that was not to be. Could not get players until 27th of September when it officially launch because they were no players.  Request:  can you please add more servers for this region.  Lagging is another big challenge.  

Message 9 of 26 (15,298 Views)

★ Novice

Please make the petition

As if EA care

Message 10 of 26 (15,152 Views)