Fundamentally Flawed Game

by Calanon2329

Original Post

Fundamentally Flawed Game

★★★ Apprentice

The game is severely broken this year. Everything is out of order.

That collision system they put in seems to have taken a serious nose dive this year, 90% of players I come across don't even make a tackle but instead just physically barge into my player to win the ball - where in reality, if 2 players *regardless size, weight etc* collide with each other at speed, both parties will be either knocked down, dazed and/or disoriented.

Scoring from kickoff by snaking through defense and/or holding LB/LT passing back and through balling it straight through is crawling back into the game after EA specifically said they had addressed the issue.

Lag. Lag is a HUGE problem this year. I have a 150MB connection and I'm also the sole user with my console wired into the modem and unless I'm in the weekend league or qualifiers games, every single game on seasons mode is lagging - even though the latency bars show a constant 3 green bars, you think "ah, this player has a good connection, should be a smooth game" when in-fact when you load into the game, its so laggy and twitchy that it's almost unplayable and gives you a headache from constantly seeing it. and when theres a stop/start or twitchy laggy game for 20 minutes and you're seeing it for 4, 5, 6 or even more hours it starts to get really irritating and not fun.

A serious lack of individuality and creativity with team selections due to overpowered stats, I can safely say that 90% of everyone I play against all has the exact same team - or some variation of the exact same team, the same players are so overused that there might aswell be a song about it because everyone knows which players that I speak of. Martial, vardy, andre gray, kante, smalling, bailly, butland, dembele, kyle walker and mané - there are others but these are the main lot. It gets extremely repetative playing against the same team that all play the same way. 4321 narrow, defensive counter attacking, run all the way down the side with martial, get to the byline pass it into the middle of the box and tap it in.

Playing football gets you punished. Unless you play kick and rush or tiki taka passing, you will lose every game. The game speed is so overtuned that you literally don't have any time on the ball to make a calculated or tactical decision about what to do with it, as soon as you win possession of the ball (anywhere on the pitch). Football isn't ALL about speed. and EA need to come up with a solution to rectify the fact that everyone who plays fifa, don;t play football - because its impossible to do so. Make pitches bigger, games longer, gameplay slower, players slower or something.

Referee's are a constant problem in pretty much every game. The referee in each match just stands in the middle of the pitch barely moving, and for players like me that play the majority of their games in midfield, he becomes more and more of an obstacle that I have to work around. The amount of times i make a pass and it hits the ref and my opposition gets possession and hits me on the counter, or even my AI players run into the referee and gets knocked down - yet the referee is like a brick wall and doesn't even flinch.

Possession means literally nothing on fifa. It feels like EA watched Leicester win the premiership last season in a fluke one off one time rarity and just ran with it. You can have all the possession in the world, yet still lose 4/5 nil.

Bronze benching seems to be a thing now. a team full of players 87+ yet the overall team rating is only 83?!? I actually went onto twitch to see the "best players in the world" - and all of them - not some, all! - had 3 or 4 bronze players on their sub bench. I even went the extra mile and asked several of them as to the reason behind it. They all replied with practically the same reason, apparently it reduces the aids of a game to give them more of an advantage for having a lower rated team. This is a major problem if it's true. A team with 87 - 95 rated players shouldn't have a way to get even more of an advantage over their opposition and if this is a real thing, then it needs stopping!

There are plenty more things that I could go on and on about, but EA just needs to seriously re-think the entire game and build it up from the bottom, not just load up their previous codes from the current game and tweak bits and pieces. The game is fundamentally flawed and its a damn shame that fifa is the only football game worth playing on the market, because without serious competition fifa will always be the number 1 footballing game. Not out of choice, but out of lack of choice.

Message 1 of 12 (1,542 Views)

Re: Fundamentally Flawed Game

★★ Apprentice

Certainly they don`t fool me with their intimidating Narcissistic tactics of denial. This game is manipulated to the core, the differences in gameplay are just too obvious. And this can create severe anger and pain due to the unfairness (unless of course you are a Buddhist monk or something like that), which has it`s influence on the society as a whole (it creates monsters). Just another proof that the world is run by psychopaths.

Message 2 of 12 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Calanon2329 @dionuzos I stopped caring about what EA does or doesn't do, this is definitely last year I buy FIFA cause of all the reasons you stated, the game is manipulated  preventing people from playing  right, it is literally flawed and controls are inconsistent, sometimes you can get the ball from opponent with a button, sometimes you have to use another button for the whole match or multiple matches where nothing work, it is known as a fact, a lot of experienced FIFA players around the  world are saying this, not just me,  and EA SPORTS/ORIGIN keep denying that, they pretend it's all fair and level even if it is blatantly obvious the game is rigged to the point the game is unplayable in Ultimate Team unless you spend money in fifa points or cheat by buying coins from other websites which is forbidden, I think it is done on purpose to make you spend money and give u the illusion you are bad at the game while the game itself is screwing you during matches, if it wasn't like that it would be fixed by now but it's the same every year, no matter they changed engine, the problem is that it the problems present themselves every year, and NO I'll not try bronze benching as it is a waste of time to do that just to play a foundamentally intentionally broken game with overly glitchy and bugged matchmaking system and game mechanics, also how is it possible all my opponents have 83 - 87 teams while I struggle to afford a 81 level team? How do they earn so many coins ? 100k to 300k  coins worth per player LOL? How do they do that ? Is it so full of coins traders or there is a legit trick to earn coins so fast ? I can't earn so a ridiculous amount of money just playing, I struggle to pass 4th division and almost every opponent is 83 - 87 level, I rarely get to play with teams similar to mine.

And well, don't even try to mention scripting or handicap cause it's a bannable offense on this forum , so be aware :-p  LOL, I just read their latest thread on this forum, I understand rules are rules but seriously, instead of threatening people just make ULTIMATE TEAM fair by redisigning it completely instead of using these tricks to force ppl to buy your FIFAPOINTS or just quit, I think I got enough of FIFA, I uninstalled it, 4 editions with the same happenings is a way too much for me, the game is no longer fun, it's just a struggle to play a game that has nothing to do with football anymore, I used to love it but enough is enough, this year you really made it unplayable, FIFA14 was probably the last playable FIFA for me with more fair mechanics, FIFA 15 was faster paced but still playable and UT Market was still balanced, FIFA16 was worse, FIFA17 is probably the worst FIFA to date, better graphics YES, Journey mode was a good idea even if it is a bad copy of 2K Games career mode, Ultimate TEAM 17 is the worst ever, market is unbalanced , tons of cheaters with millions worth teams while just playing the game you don't get that ridiculous amount of money, not even in 280 + hours, matchmaking completely broken, My 82 level team is forced to face 85-87 lvl opponents all the time, interceptions and people tackling you before you can play the ball is on steroids this year.

UPDATE: I tried bronze benching cause I was curious, it doesn't work in UT ONLINE SEASONS, EA SPORTS have to make top players accessible to everyone so we can compete and get promoted to higher divisions or make the matchmaking fair so that you don't get to play with 87 level teams if your team is 81-82.

Message 3 of 12 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also there are better E-Sports around , Rocket League is one, then Freestyle Football, Disc Jam, Kpanito ALL-STAR Soccer, all skillbased 

Message 4 of 12 (1,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

FUT is very different indeed. But over all the game is the same too me. I've been playing fifa since fifa 2012, FUT has been around for a few of there games, but fifa 12 had no such game mode. I played career mode the most.

I believe you are talking about FUT? I notice alot of players complain about it, doesn't matter what fifa game lol someone always has a problem or something is to grindy or to difficult. EA is just trying to make the game a little more difficult while upgrade the AI behavier and reactions. The player career mode is still one of my favourites in the series. FUT I enjoy too, but not as much as it can take alot of work. I still play and enjoy it tho. Bronze players, Most player start off with bronze anyways and learn to use them over the time, yes, they get the hang of the drunken monkey style. Play styles are very different and you can take note of this if you play career mode and watch you're player reach the 90s. 

The referee, I notice he doesn't call fouls as often or pull out red cards like the past seasons. I notice alot more tackles and slides being passed. The ref does need a little more attittude. For the Tackle system, They added a new tackle system, try going to "Classic" or try other types of controls. I changed mine and noticed a major improvment on tackling in the field. Also another tip in FUT, My controls are different from Fifa 16 & 15 etc. This year I hold "B" to tell my man to get in there faces and get that ball, and press "A" to try to steal the ball. Timing this wrong obviouslly takes your opponent off his/her feet.

The AI has defently been raised, I agree that the game can feel very difficult. I've got about 50 hours in fifa 17 so far and I think it's safe to say I am still learning. Standard smile I hope this helps even if it's not a entire solution.

Message 5 of 12 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@UmbrellaSTARS 

I have over 240 hours ingame + hundreds of hours in all other editions, what you say about holding b and pressing a to steal the ball doesn't work so well for me, it only works certain matches then others the ball sticks on opponent or when tackle succeeds , the ball is thrown with high precision on another opponent,  I tried everything, jockey, tackles, sliding tackles etc.. the opponent passes through my defense like my players were not even there and can easily pass and shoot, my players won't even try to catch the ball, it's totally * up for me

Message 6 of 12 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@euroverclock

I checked my settings for you Standard smile from the main menu,  I went into "customise" "Settings" "customise controls"  In this menu, at the bottem, you will read Defending, switch that to "Legacy Defending" Next, press "RT" right trigger make sure presets are also classic. Your controls will be slightly different, just remember, "B" to tell you're team to steal, tapping it when they are close works best, and "A" for yourself again tapping near ball works best. I do hope this helps. Standard smile Holding down the keys, they seem to contain & chase.

Message 7 of 12 (1,467 Views)

★★★ Guide

@UmbrellaSTARS Legacy defending doesn't work online in Ultimate team, it gets reverted .

Message 8 of 12 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@euroverclock

I don't think it does, if it does, just go into your controls and make sure it's set to it, you may have different settings on them tho. that is currect. When I check my settings, It is legacy & classic.

Just be sure right before you enter the FUT match,  hit "Y" & setup the controls Standard smile It should work. If you mean the changes don't work, I can't really confirm that as it does seem to work for me. I hope it does help if it is the new tackle system that is.

Message 9 of 12 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Guide

@UmbrellaSTARS I mean Legacy defending gets reverted to the other one in FUT

Message 10 of 12 (1,445 Views)