When will the guest player be added to Online Seasons

by GarethGMANMeade

Original Post

FUT Online Seasons / FUT Online Draft - Guest Mode Enabled - PS4/XB1/PC

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hello FIFA Fans,

We have heard your feedback about guest functionality in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft and are happy to announce that we have added this functionality back into FIFA 18 PS4/XB1/PC effective immediately.

We were able to enable the use of a guest in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft via a server update, but there are some on-screen elements, specifically in the match setup flow, that will need to be added via a title update in the future.

In the meantime, please follow these steps to add a guest in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.

_____

PS4:

1. Initiate a search for opponent in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft as normal.

2. Once an opponent has been found, you will be taken to the below screen:

FUT guest PS4.png

3. Make sure that you have a secondary controller turned on, and signed into an account.

4. Pressing the Triangle button on a secondary controller will add that controller as a guest.

A. This will not prompt any on-screen indication that a guest is present, this functionality will be added in a future title update.

B. Pressing Triangle again on the secondary controller will remove the guest, so make sure to only press it a single time. If you do press it a second time, make sure to press it again to re-add the guest.

5. Once that has been done, the primary controller can press the X button to set themselves as ready.

6. Once in gameplay, any added guests should be able to play as normal.

XB1:

1. Initiate a search for opponent in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft as normal.

FUT guest XB1.png

3. Make sure you have a secondary controller turned on.

4. Pressing the Y button on a secondary controller will prompt you with a pop-up informing you that you need to sign in as a guest in order to play the game.

5. Accepting the pop-up will open the Xbox Live Menu, where you can scroll down to Add Guest and select it.

A. This will not prompt any on-screen indication that a guest is present, this functionality will be added in a future title update.

B. Pressing Y again on the secondary controller will remove the guest, so make sure to only press it a single time. If you do press it a second time, make sure to press it again to re-add the guest.

6. Once that has been done, the primary controller can press the A button to set themselves as ready.

7. Once in gameplay, any added guests should be able to play as normal.

PC:

FUT guest PC.PNG

3. Make sure you have a secondary controller or keyboard available to use for the guest player.

4. Using either the keyboard, or the secondary controller, follow the Add Guest button prompt on the screen to add a guest to the match.

B. Pressing the same button again on the keyboard or secondary controller will remove the guest, so make sure to only press it a single time. If you do press it a second time, make sure to press it again to re-add the guest.

5. Once that has been done, the primary player can press the appropriate button to set themselves as ready.

6. Once in gameplay, any added guests should be able to play as normal.

_____

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 18 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

DoonansNDragons

Personal Twitter - @DoonansNDragons

Work Hard / Play Hard
Message 1 of 69 (142,474 Views)

Re: FUT Online Seasons / FUT Online Draft - Guest Mode Enabled - PS4/XB1/PC

★ Guide

WE WON!

Message 2 of 69 (134,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Thanks for listening EA, this means the World for a lot of People, including myself!
Message 3 of 69 (132,418 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you EA !!! This is support as its best Standard smile

Message 4 of 69 (131,631 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thank you very much! I run to the shop now for your game!!!!
Message 5 of 69 (131,228 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
At last. Thank you!
Message 6 of 69 (130,738 Views)

★ Guide

Was the movement trainer disabled in FUT online?

Message 7 of 69 (129,931 Views)
Highlighted

When will the guest player be added to Online Seasons

★★★ Novice

My firend and I were all ready to start new Fifa 18 and work our way up the Online Season league (which is harder 2 player by the way but our choice) and to my horror it has been removed. Please tell me when this will be added back as it's no longer worth playing and i won't be buying it again????? I have a lot of friends that agree and although we are only a few buyers I'm sure we are not the only that feel this way

Message 8 of 69 (126,946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you EA, sense has finally prevailed - better late than never.

Message 9 of 69 (129,274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have christmas in october!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!
Message 10 of 69 (128,781 Views)