Re: FUT: Is Chemistry Really Necessary?

by elmstreet1

Original Post

FUT: Is Chemistry Really Necessary?

★★ Apprentice

I'm not the only one thinking this way, so why does chemistry play such a role in FIFA FUT? Do we really need it; want it? As posted by others, at the end of the day chemistry is a complete disadvantage really. Chemistry is a real door shutter and only results in players putting together the same old EPL or DFB or LaLiga squads etc. You basically have the feeling "Yeah I have played against that team 100s of times." A tad boring huh? It is also rather questionable how some teams even get to 100% chemistry, bearing in mind red links, but hey ho...

No chemistry would open the door for us all to put together completely different squads, which let's face it is exactly how it is in the real world of football. I really don't think that any of us would miss chemistry at all. It would be a real game changer...BRING IT ON EA!

Message 1 of 5 (3,583 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly, I disagree @elmstreet1.

Without chemistry a football team it's not a real team: it's just 11 players who play in the same club. 

Also, in FIFA I think chemistry it's important, but to be honest it doesn't affect your gameplay so heavily. What I mean is you don't need to have 100% of chemistry to play well in FIFA but of course having a 40-50% will produce negative effects on your style, missing shots and passes or stuff like that.

It's like in the real football: strong teams are strong because the players "know" each others. They know the skills and they have memorized the tactics with the other team members and in my opinion that's what "chemistry" brings in FIFA. If you have played the game, you'd know that when you create the club your team sucks not only because of the bronze players, but because of the bad team spirit. 

So if you really want to improve the game, I think we'd have to focus on something different Standard smile 

Cheers! 

Message 2 of 5 (3,572 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @Nicodemus85Sr

Interesting reply and I naturally get all your points. In "real" football strong teams are strong teams because the players all know each other, their skills, tactics etc. All very true and I agree, but this doesn't really apply that much when playing FIFA, unless I basically put together a Chelsea or a Spurs squad etc.

In FIFA I can put together an EPL squad using all 20 teams and each player has a different nationality. This would still result in a solid chemistry, although the only thing all players have in common is that they play in the same league. So theoretically, where's the chemistry? They don't "know" each other when it comes to skills and tactics and as for team spirit... :-) 

Maybe if a player was able to build a team with, let's say, a bunch of mis-fits, chemistry could grow / improve as time goes by? A group of players gradually become a team with a solid chemistry; get to know each other and their skills, tactics etc. I mean in FUT don't we really want to put together "our" squad and not just paste and copy? So what about "building" a team, which naturally requires a bit of time and patience (last word could be tricky for some :-)...? 

Cheers

Mike

Message 3 of 5 (3,563 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe if a player was able to build a team with, let's say, a bunch of mis-fits, chemistry could grow / improve as time goes by? A group of players gradually become a team with a solid chemistry; get to know each other and their skills, tactics etc. I mean in FUT don't we really want to put together "our" squad and not just paste and copy? So what about "building" a team, which naturally requires a bit of time and patience (last word could be tricky for some :-)...? 

@elmstreet1

Actually this sounds really interesting to me but I guess EA had somehow to simulate the team spirit and the real chemistry and went for this. 

Btw, I think the game works already like this with players getting "10" of chemistry only after playing a fair amount of matches in a team. 

The only weakness of your idea is that probably a lot of gamers would easily not be happy about that and would start complaining about FIFA as usual! :D 

So will see what future (and FIFA) will bring to us! :D 

Message 4 of 5 (3,559 Views)

★★ Novice

In terms of real football, remember a time Real Madrid were buying all the best players but still couldn't win for a while? That's what is good about FUT chemistry. Over time, Madrid got better as their chemistry grew, so I wish this feature was available in game.

They could do it per games together on the field in FUT, sort of like the contract situation. After 7 games and contract renewal, chemistry could grow a realistic 2 or 3 points. It would make for some interesting games.

This way you get someone with a team of superstars, earned and played for ages with good chemistry. Then they play against a rich person who has basically bought a team of superstars, but has no chemistry. That means gameplay beats wallet.

But there are other ways to get 100% chemistry without them being all in the same league. Nationality helps of course. You can have a full team of EPL players if you want, but as long as the CB nationality matches the Goalkeepers for example, then the keeper doesn't have to be from the EPL. Same goes for other positions that do not join or affect others.

Message 5 of 5 (3,542 Views)