FUT Champs WL - Quitters don´t get an L!

by RobertScobie

Original Post

FUT Champs WL - Quitters don´t get an L!

★★★★ Novice

Can someone please explain one thing to me.......

When you are in a game of FUT Champ WL and the opponent suddenly quits when giving away a penalty when the score is 0-0 (before you take the penalty), why on earth don´t they get an L and I get an W?

You should not be able to quit when you want, once a connection to the opponent has been established you should take a loss when quitting the game. Don´t care if it´s at the start of the game or later.....

This makes no sense to me at all.....

Does this bull**** happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 6 (484 Views)

Re: FUT Champs WL - Quitters don´t get an L!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @RobertScobie 

Although I completely agree that quitters should get an L when they quit, this is not simple as it seems. I think that if I bring you an example you may understand it in my way. Imagine that you´re playing against a player that is using some kind of cheat engine that disconnects you from the game. In this case, the cheater would get immediately a W and you would get a straight L. That's why I suppose that the game isn't designed to give a W or L straight away. I completely understand what you mean because I hate that people quits in this way and I don't get my win, but I suppose that the game is designed in a way to not give open doors to the cheaters.

However, this is always a good topic for an open debate :P

Message 2 of 6 (456 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @Beckem87 

Thank you for your response.....a good point that I had not thought about.

I get where you are going with this and I agree it probably not as a straight cut as one might think. 

Honestly ...... I didn´t even know that players were using some kind of a cheat engine in fifa that makes them able to disconnect you from the game......I don´t even know how that would be possible.

When I think about it I had an incident this weekend when I was 5-1 up in the 70th minute and suddenly disconnected and got an L (even though my internet connection was fine). I suppose the opponent had some gadget.

There must be some way for EA to filter out the once that are cheating like this and ban them just as they do with players that are transferring coins between accounts through the transfer market. 

Well at least something for EA to think about and try and find a solution to.

Message 3 of 6 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @RobertScobie 

I'm sure that not every "suspicious" desconnection that happens to you is because cheats / gadgets. However, it's sadly true that all the videogames have a percentage of their population that use cheats or illicit techniques to get advantage over the others.  I suppose that EA tries to fight that with the same strength that they try to fight the coin transfer. However, it is not always easy to detect these kind of devices or applications that interfere with the game.

Let's have a little bit of hope and see how everything evolves. Just to finish, I've found this article quite useful in order to report the players I find suspicious: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Message 4 of 6 (441 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @Beckem87 

No I guess that it´s not. Still very frustrating.....Hopefully EA will find a solution to this problem soon.

Thank you for the link! I will report users that are suspicious...

Cheers!

Message 5 of 6 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

[Removed by CM]

Message 6 of 6 (420 Views)