FIFA Ultimate Team for children

by steffenballe

Original Post

Re: FIFA Ultimate Team for children

★★★★★ Newbie

This has absolutely infuriated me. The fact that EA force me to create a false account for my child with an incorrect age, which then forces me to create a false email account to support this. It completely undermines any sense of trying to keep children safe online. I shall vote with my wallet and not put a single penny into EAs coffers. Let’s have a look at PES ...

Message 11 of 19 (2,851 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Apologies for bumping a very, very old thread but the information contained above is no longer applicable as EA/Origin allow you to manage parental controls through console settings via the Xbox and PlayStation parental account controls now. If you would like more information on how to set up a Child account to link up with your console you can find out how right here.

For questions relating to the Xbox and PlayStation parental controls we have an article here that should answer most common questions.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 12 of 19 (17,500 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade This is great. I’ve had a quick look at the links and although I’ve not tried it yet, it looks like a positive solution! Well done!
Message 13 of 19 (2,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade Except when you have a Nintendo Switch, of course. Great work (not), EA.
Message 14 of 19 (2,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, but it still does not work for FIFA19 on the PS4.

I have given my child's PSN account level 11 rights (18 years+), but when starting FIFA19 I still get the message that he cannot go online.

Can you give more concrete guidance on how to do this? The link is very generic.

Message 15 of 19 (2,379 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade Can you add some details about how I can do this with FIFA 23 on PS4.
Message 16 of 19 (1,651 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @fixed_occurrence,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this topic. 
Underage accounts are not able to access online modes in all of our games until they reached the required age for their respective country. 

You can find all age requirements for EA Games here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/#agerequirements

Even if you set the console account to a level that would allow your children to play the game, if the EA Account is not above the age requirement, they won't be able to play the game online and access any online feature. This is to keep children safe while playing our games online until they reached the age requirement for the country of residence. We follow child protection laws from individual countries and do not offer any way to circumvent them.

If you have any further question, please let me know.

-rephii

Message 17 of 19 (1,632 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_rephii Thanks for your response, but I have to say I'm very disappointed. Why do you rate FIFA 3 years when it requires users to be 13?

I couldn't find any information about this when I bought the game at the PS store. I feel cheated! How do you suggest I explain my son that he have to wait a year to use his Xmas present? He's so sad he can't use the game he looked forward to throughout the autumn.
Message 18 of 19 (1,606 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh my word I’m about to lose my entire MIND. 

Precisely what the original guy said. 

A dreadful jump through hoop after hoop. 
By the time you get an Xbox, use your own Outlook email address, have to set up a child email address under Microsoft for my son, then an EA account for me, then an EA account for my son and link them, then * about with the backend privacy settings of the Xbox to see if there’s a hidden block that’s preventing my son playing FUT, I’m at the end of my tether. 

No videos on YouTube show how to link child EA accounts to FUT, then I come on here and find out it’s only for age 13 and above. 

I then change the content settings on the Xbox for 13+, and finally conclude it must be calculating his age from his Outlook email address. 

My god, I could say lots more about the hell I’ve been through with this. 

Absolutely terrible and it seems unjustifiable to advertise a game at 3+ then make it 13+. Complete miss-selling, misleading, and fraudulent advertising. Utter disgrace. 

Message 19 of 19 (1,215 Views)