Re: FIFA 19 crashes while playing - DirectX12 Error appears

by Dotsisdotcom

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone. Please try to do my video . i hope you can fix it . work for me!! Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-kyFvnSzpE

Message 101 of 110 (4,046 Views)

★ Novice

I guess I've found kind of a workaround in the german part of the forum: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/FIFA-19-DIRECTX-12-ERROR/td-p/7038942

Try to disable V-Sync in nvidia settings. No crash for me so far in 5 games with directx12 enabled Standard smile

BR

ElZorro122

Message 102 of 110 (4,028 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

after looking into issue this is caused by G-Sync and nvidia.  The fix -
Open Nvidia control panel > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > Fifa19 > Scroll down to vertical settings and turn on.  

Fixed it for me, played for 3 hours no crashing with DX12 (2080ti, latest nvidia drivers)

Message 103 of 110 (3,995 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the same error as well. To fix it I had to turn off G-Sync in nVidia conrol panel. It's not ideal though...

Message 104 of 110 (3,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

going to try disabling g-sync but the issue persists with me too

intel i9-9900k

gtx 2080ti

g-sync 144hz monitor

I've tried fresh installs and every other game works fine. If disabling g-sync doesnt work ill revert to DX11 and see if that helps. Thanks for the few tips so far, hopefully these help

posting just to show the problem still persists..

edit -> I'm on most recent nvidia drivers, and i've tried a clean install already

Message 105 of 110 (3,607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Had another directx12 crash today, came after a match once back in menu. Use to get frequent crashes but stopped and now has just started up again, really annoying especially if you play in career mode and invest in many hours of gameplay.

I will try the V sync fix to see if that will work but it seems after you find one fix then something else breaks later, oh well here is hoping that EA can fix it.

Message 106 of 110 (3,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem ,

1. reinsatll latest driver

2. shutdown, and restart pc.

3. open nvida pannel

4. click on manage 3d settings

5. click on program settings

6. add fifa 19

7. make sure vertical sync is on.

8. apply settings

9.close nvida pannel , shutdown pc.

10. restart pc and open fifa 19, this worked for on dx 11 and 12 without anycrahes

hope this helps , please let me know either way, ive had this issue for the last few weeks now, up untill last night.

Message 107 of 110 (3,113 Views)

★ Novice

If anyone encounter this problem, the problem occured for me(in fifa 21k) when i switched to a newer xbox controller. Whenever i use the older xbox controller or ps4 controller, it doesn’t happen

Message 108 of 110 (1,271 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Dotsisdotcom Hey. I also started getting this error after getting a new Xbox series x controller. Did you manage to fix it?
Message 109 of 110 (1,137 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

This is a pretty old thread, so I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please create a new thread, and we can take a look. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 110 of 110 (1,121 Views)